View Single Post
Old 02-18-2013, 12:25 PM   #23 (permalink)
agentSmith
Post Whore

I'm at a real fork in the road with this topic.

For almost 15yrs now I've been honing my barrels with the oddball hone that helped start this argument. In addition I've done hundreds of barrels at Hell Survivors. Everyone who's barrel I've honed has reported an improvement. New barrel, old barrel, steel or aluminum, it doesn't matter.

For a couple years now I've been honest about it on here.
It's been horribly unpleasant for me.
I've been told I'm an unobservant twit who can't see what's right in front of him. I've been told I'm a slappy that believes ad copy over his own eyes. I've been told I'm a troll pushing a useless point. I've been told I was an ethicless liar paid by brush research to spread some evil untruth...

None of the folks who brought me all that joy had laid eyes on a flexhone. Some of them sold barrels though, those folk's motives may be deduced from that. 'Never ask a barber if you need a haircut, never ask a barrelmaker if you need a new barrel'.

In fact noone in THIS thread has tried an Extra Fine Levigated Alumina hone, with the exception of PistolRogue, who agrees that it makes a difference.

It does make a difference. Shoot an LA honed barrel at more than point blank range and you will agree.

For those who feel the paintball is so limiting to accuracy that this couldn't make a difference, you're wrong.
Unless you've tried it through every kind of barrel recommended by your fellow paintballers, saying you know enough to judge what the paintball's limits are is just wrong.

Why cockerpunk and bryce or anyone else, until Ty stepped up, have refused to test a barrel honed this way is a question for them.

Guilt and sportsmanship are what forced me to speak. People were asking for tips and I couldn't claim awesomeness where finish was a hero.
I wear no medals I don't earn first.

If I had it to do over again, I honestly would've never posted my first word about paintball or any one after that, certainly wouldn't have mentioned this subject. To a certain degree this even ruined MCB for me, as I now know there are snakes in this garden like any other...

You may rest assured that if there ARE any unlikely sounding paintball secrets still locked in this old brain, they won't be released to trouble anyone.
I go back to in-person transmission only soon, just a few more things for the sidearm section and agentsmith will cease to exist.
EDIT: I wanted to clarify that the barrelmakers posting in THIS thread have been politely interested gentle men!
Rob

Last edited by agentSmith; 02-18-2013 at 01:36 PM.
agentSmith is offline   Reply With Quote