View Single Post
Old 02-22-2013, 01:40 PM   #3 (permalink)
JLuke
Doesn't care (/◕ヮ◕)/

CCM Fan
AKA Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donut SD View Post
Ripper mode. Cool. Yup I picked this up. I gotta complain that it's rather frustrating there's no dedicated block maneuver. And that there are some attacks you absolutely cannot parry.

Enemies can drive you into a corner and just beat the smack outta you for extended periods and there's really nothing you can do.

Other than that it's like you said, a complete departure from how the series handles. It's good but not the best, the stealth aspect was almost added as an afterthought. Or at least it feels that way. I would've been happy if it stayed "in your face hack n slash" without the stealth.

Occasionally the camera is frustrating as I can't keep all or most enemies in frame.

All of my gripes aside there are so many moments that had me yelling joyfully in my gamerzone taking down baddies. Mgs has some pretty large set pieces and its always cool taking them down with advanced weaponry. But doing it with Raiden's blade alone? Hoooleeeee shiiiiiyyyyeeettt it's fun!

I wasn't a fan of the whiny-ness that quinton Flynn portrayed, but man he brings some drama to the voice acting now.
The no block thing at the beginning kinda bugged me, but the more I think about it, the more I like it. It gives the game more of an offensive, rage induced rush forward feel when you can only parry and counterattack quickly, once you get the parry somewhat down, and remember that red glowing attacks can be blocked but gold ones cannot, it's more fun.

And yea, i'm playing this game with pretty much no stealth involved, its way more fun that way since "stealth" in this game involves taking the long path around groups of enemies instead of trying to steathfully move between them and lure them here and there to get silent kills and such, and very disappoint that the bodies just disappear.

I don't always play pump, but when I do, I prefer a rotor.....stay agg my friends.
JLuke is offline   Reply With Quote