View Single Post
Old 02-23-2013, 01:42 AM   #19 (permalink)
PistolRogue
Official LL5 Dolphin-Dive

Send a message via AIM to PistolRogue

Quote:
Originally Posted by markermasher View Post
I know there has been, just questioning why it isn't as popular a theme as one might hope. And there haven't been any around my neck of the woods that I've seen.
Because, to be honest, the theme at any given big game or scenario rarely makes much of a difference to the people playing it. I've been to at least a dozen scenarios a year for the last 7 years and I can really only think of 2 or 3 that had a significant portion of players actually dress to the theme or change their rig for it.

I'd love to see it happen more often, as I feel it does add a cool bit of flair to a game when people dress up for it, but at the same time I know it's not likely since some people just don't care and it's generally hard to get a couple hundred people on the same page with that sort of thing.

There's also nothing stopping you from adapting a western style rig or costume for any given game, regardless of theme. I've seen a few guys who wear double-breasted suits for a gangster-type look on the regular, as well as some vaguely-western costumes (jeans and cowboy boots with a stock class rig), even though the theme had nothing to do with either.
FEEDBACK
PistolRogue is offline   Reply With Quote