View Single Post
Old 02-25-2013, 03:58 AM   #9 (permalink)
Listessa
Lost the Daylight

Send a message via ICQ to Listessa Send a message via AIM to Listessa Send a message via MSN to Listessa Send a message via Yahoo to Listessa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Millar156 View Post
If you are permitted to wear them you might want to check out composite toed shoes/boots instead of actual steel. They're much lighter while still offering protection.
Quote:
Originally Posted by idkfa View Post
As said before, go with composite toes if you are allowed (you should be providing they have the necessary stamps). I have to wear a set of 8" boots at work and the composite toes make them about as light as a pair of snow boots.
I'm another for composite toe. Composite toes also don't bend and slice off your toes in a compression accident. Like idkfa said, make sure whichever steel or composite kind you buy has the correct ANSI or MilSpec standards for your workplace.

I have some awesome Danner 8" side zip EMT boots. They are kind of spendy, but they will last longer than just a year. I got three years (wearing them all day every day at work) out of the first pair. They are light weight and very comfortable.

Honestly, the cheep ones aren't worth the money you save. They don't last, and beat the crap out of your feet. Steel are heavy, so they can start wearing on your joints too. The steel toed sneakers I have tried on have all been heavier than my composite boots. Plus I prefer that extra bit of ankle protection.

Facilis est Descensus Averni.
<--Click to descend to my feedback.
NO'MAAM #2"National Organization Members Against AGG Metrosexuals" Rouge Cell #3
Listessa is offline   Reply With Quote