View Single Post
Old 02-26-2013, 05:18 PM   #19 (permalink)
Paintball Ballistician :P

Originally Posted by Flint View Post
It is a .50" in a .68" skirt. That info was confirmed by SCARAB reps on facebook.

I want to see tests of it... Even though i think the idea is odd, and not likely to be accepted by fields... Also the cost savings are rather negligible, thy say its going to be 100 for $30, so compared to FS you save 10-15 bucks, but then you also need to buy .50" paint, so where is the saving? Unless it proves to have superior capabilities, compared to FS...
Thanks for the info!

I suppose that if it has superior flight characteristics, it will do better in mil-sim game formats where they can set a rule for a hit counting as a hit, regardless of mark size.

I say this because I already have had problems of folks mistakenly thinking the paint left after a first strike hit, didn't count as a hit because they don't leave as much paint as a regular ball. A .50 round, has even less volume. And, that skirt certainly isn't going to help the fill spread.
FN303SD Totmacher 13 | SP 'Woodstalker' Ion | 1989 Line SI Bushmaster SI Deluxe
First Strike Round Field Listing | External Ballistics, FSRs and PBs | My Feedback
Originally Posted by Tom Kaye -in response to FS price critics
Unfortunately all of you have played the one "speedball" game of paintball for so long you can't conceive of other ways to do this and hence any new ideas seem stupid.

Originally Posted by Crimson Death View Post
First strike rounds punish lazy people. Don't be lazy and you won't have problems with first strikes.
uv_halo is offline   Reply With Quote