View Single Post
Old 02-27-2013, 05:58 PM   #7 (permalink)
heinous
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by SluggoSteel View Post
-Hammer 7 a good choice? I want to create great accuracy, thats most important to me, any recommendations on specific upgrades?
play with the gun first...

Quote:
Could I get something at Big 5, Walmart, or a local sporting goods store, or should I order off the internet?
no! NO! Nooooooooooooooooooooooo

go to a local paintball pro shop if there is one. barring that, buy the field paint. generic chain store clerks mostly don't know how to take care of their stock. the pro shop clerks should be able to set you up. if they're knowledgeable, tell them you'll be using a pump and want a decent sized paint that won't roll out your barrel.

Quote:
-^^^ same question as above but with co2 and/or gas sources... Whats a good brand and best bang for my buck? Where do I get my tanks filled? With my Hammer 7, what size tank should I purchase?
pretty much all the same. high pressure air is better. go to your field first and rent a tank, at the same time see if they have hpa refills, this way you know your field supports which air source. good fields provide both co2 and hpa if you're lucky.

Quote:
-Anything I should know before I visit the local field for my first time? Outside of goggles and gloves, any other gear thats a must have?

thanks for reading and I appreciate all replies!
barrel bag. have 2, you're bound to lose/loan them out sooner or later. play smart: it's a pump gun you're not likely to win any direct fire fights against any fancy guns on your first day. keep unnecessary body parts behind cover, don't hide at a bunker that already has a teammate, and be sneaky when you can.

Last edited by heinous; 02-27-2013 at 06:01 PM.
heinous is offline   Reply With Quote