I played with it yesterday and it seems ok. I ended up putting in the new D-lite valve and stem that I was saving for the future and it works good. I was able to get to usable velocity. I have not had the heart to open it back up and check the input pressure yet.
I don't know why the other valves would not work including the stock one that was working just minutes before.
I tired the magno kit with a brand new valve stem (the other valve stem's cup seal had seperated)
I tried the used D-Lite kit but it leaked like mad. Not sure it it was through the valve or around it.
I have the stock ram in for now and will try the str again in the future.
I may get it set up to be re-buildable first.
I will check the pressure and post when I can work up to it.