View Single Post
Old 03-05-2013, 08:21 PM   #46 (permalink)
ta2maki
Yes, that is a joke ---->

CCM Fan
AKA Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by HyePower View Post
That's a dirtbag thing to say, hope your friends and family don't count on you to help them ...

I would help because that's what right. If I got screwed over afterwards, at least I'll know I did the right thing.
More logical really. Even your reason to help is selfish. Knowing that "you did the right thing" boosts your self image.

What would I have done? I would probably have stood there and watched a bit to assess the situation and probably would have tried to stop the strangling if it kept going. Choking someone isn't a quick kill and at fist glance its hard to tell which person is the 'bad guy'. But in this video I'd look like an idiot douchebag because I just stood there for the 5 seconds they gave each test subject. In the video, any of the people that walked away might have done so to call the cop that was standing outside the building. It's pretty interesting the assumptions that we make.

And as for your hopes, I agree. Don't count on anyone to help you, nothing good happens when you sit around and wait for others to help.
ta2maki is offline   Reply With Quote