View Single Post
Old 03-07-2013, 06:13 AM   #1 (permalink)
SKULL
Terminus Est

brass barrel bore size advice

ok

i am raising money for a custom built brass nasty spring-feed pump.

i have 2 options for bore size

.678 and .686

i have used a unisizer ATS for most of my play, so bore never mattered a damn bit...now im lost. i have read a lot about over and underboring but i want to hear from the borg collective on this one.

what is better generally? i will be almost always using field paint so you never really know what they will be selling that day for sure.

I also live in toronto canada. indoor fields are generally fairly cool to play in, outdoors in the summer is brutal hot here half the time, i dont know anything about humidity levels but id say it can get bloody humid here.

whats my best bet between the two...but first you must know that i aim to double or even triple pump this sucker to get 2-3 balls stacked into each barrel for a 4-6 shot buckshot blast (for milsim room entry drills and general awesomeness).

but when i dont do that, id still like decent efficiency. i figure no matter what, i should get 30 shots (60 shots due to the double barrels) out of 2x 12g's that are in a buffertube air stock

accuracy i assume will always be quite good on a brass closed bolt system.

the .678 will also cost me about 75$ extra in build price, so matters a bit. but not if it will net me huge improvments

please correct me if im wrong in my assumption and shoot your advice this way, thanks for your input guys
SKULL is offline   Reply With Quote