View Single Post
Old 03-07-2013, 11:48 AM   #14 (permalink)
Jebus
Ridin' The ShortBus

CCM Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Kilt Fan
Palmers Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by SluggoSteel View Post
um, now im confused. Why would they use a 130 dollar marker instead of a 400 dollar one if they had the choice? I wanted the Hammer with first strike because I wanted to use it or let my friends use it when we play for fun in the woods across the street from my house.
I use a pump as my primary, I, like the majority of Members here have a collection of guns. Ranging from 3K down to the lowly Spyder Hammer 7, coming in at a whopping $130.

I love shooting the Hammer, it is an innovative marker - after companies release the same marker year after year, calling it the latest and greatest, with no real improvement over the previous years model, or the year before, heck, even further back. You buy a new Dye Ego, use it for half a year and they release the newest version, your $1500 gun is now worth $700, and the following year after is about half of that...

The only new gun I've bought in the since 2005 was a Hammer 7, the previous new gun I bought prior to 2005 was probably in 99 I think. Buying used is the way to go in my opinion. Once you learn your way around a gun, it's more economical to go that route. Plus for the money you want to spend - you can get that $1500 gun for far less, and still use it for years to come...even if it is a few years old. The oldest gun on my wall is from the 80's - and it still shoots like a champ.

Have a look around the BST area - see what you could get for the money you want to spend, you'll be surprised.
The Southern Alberta Pump League TheSAPL

Quote:
Originally Posted by ApoC_101 View Post
I'd date a girl with a cocker.
Jebus is offline   Reply With Quote