Thread: value ?
View Single Post
Old 03-07-2013, 11:38 PM   #6 (permalink)
Legolas
Elven Pump SDM/DM

^^no kidding? (no sarcasm)
Let me preface this by saying I am a nelson user, so I know very little of sheridans.
The previous owner left me with the impression that due to the model of the gun, the pierce pin was not (practically) replaceable--short of drilling out the old pin, drilling, tapping and installing a new one, made all the more difficult because of the distance of the length of the 12 gram chamber.
Unless I am mistaken, and we are talking about different guns or different generations of guns, it sounds as if the repair on this may be a simple drop in replacement part?
the one I have says P.G.P., benjamin sheridan and a couple of other things on the sides of he tubes near the back.

edit: just read the p.g.p. f.a.q., and more truth is coming to light.
"Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never really care for anything else thereafter." Ernest Hemingway, "On the Blue Water," Esquire, April 1936

In the world I see - you are stalking elk through the damp canyon forests around the ruins of Rockefeller Center. You'll wear leather clothes that will last you the rest of your life. You'll climb the wrist-thick kudzu vines that wrap the Sears Tower. And when you look down, you'll see tiny figures pounding corn, laying strips of venison on the empty car pool lane of some abandoned superhighway.

Visit my Etsy store:
http://www.etsy.com/shop/crowsnestwampum

Last edited by Legolas; 03-07-2013 at 11:45 PM.
Legolas is offline   Reply With Quote