View Single Post
Old 03-12-2013, 05:39 PM   #1683 (permalink)
OPBN
MCB Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by heinous View Post
you know, if your justification for killing people is "you don't know what i've been through," that's some shaky grounds you walk. besides that, the national guards were as armed and maybe even less armed than morgan. on top of that, being armed doesn't mean they are hostile. everybody is armed in the zombie apocalypse. being trained to kill doesn't necessarily mean they intend to kill either. they would have done so when the white flag first waved if their intent was there.

you noted rick still spared morgan. that's part of what i meant with having allies, in the perspective of morgan. had morgan not first helped rick, morgan would be dead now. also note that morgan had a chance to join rick's crew, but simply declined. the fact remains he would not have had that chance if he didn't help rick way back then.

and living and dying doesn't necessarily show who did the right thing, so you can say the governor is alive while the national guards are dead, but shane died too and his philosophy matches yours, so did that long haired guy from prison. rick killed them both, but not only after they showed a willingness to harm his group. the governor never gave that benefit of the doubt.
I didn't say it was my philosophy, I'm saying it is what it is. You can't truly judge any actions by our standards. It's not realistic. And I think that's part of the point. I'm just saying that just because the governor killed a potential threat that he is inherently evil. Yes, he is batts..t crazy and truly a bad guy, but that doesn't necessarily make the town a bad group of people does it? Again, history is full of examples of people preemptively wiping out what they see as a threat. It happens.

It does when the measurement of success is being alive.
OPBN is offline   Reply With Quote