View Single Post
Old 03-15-2013, 05:15 PM   #26 (permalink)
uv_halo
Paintball Ballistician :P

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keebler View Post
Booo.

In other news. So do we even know what the optimum RPMs of fsr is? Also id like to see them do that hammer head in brass. I think with a smoother material youd see even less fouling
Nope. Just that getting them to their optimal speed (stabilization RPM) sooner is better than later.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shibyman View Post
My college has a physics professor that is supposedly extremely smart and has so many degree's it looks like the alphabet behind his name. I'll see if he can give any insight to why the hh works so well.
The person to answer the optimal tightness for pre-spinning would be someone very familar with the material characteristics of FS shells, Annodized Aluminum, and the sciences relevant to mechanical motion (friction, torque, etc).

Quote:
Originally Posted by danssoslow View Post
Could info from pellet guns and their rifling not be useful to figure out the why's? Lord knows they've been at this for a lot longer than paintball.
The problem with pellets is that their relatively soft lead and they relatively easily can conform to a rifling pattern, unlike a First Strike round.
Originally Posted by Tom Kaye -in response to FS price critics
Unfortunately all of you have played the one "speedball" game of paintball for so long you can't conceive of other ways to do this and hence any new ideas seem stupid.
uv_halo is offline   Reply With Quote