View Single Post
Old 03-20-2013, 11:59 PM   #7 (permalink)
Slim
I'm Stock Classy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Echoes-of-Honor View Post
Personally, I don't see any difference in this post and the one by red army promoting his outlaw field. Straight for the first page of his post:

WE ARE LOOKING FOR PUMP PLAYERS TO JOIN US!
If you are serious about coming to the field, please message me, RED ARMY, and we can schedule a date. We play from 11am-5pm, January 1st - September 1st. Parking is limited so please carpool if you can!
I think this is where the confusion lies -- nothing was ever said about his post being illegal or posted in the same section, so how is one to know that promoting a specific game date is not allowed? If the regional section is the correct place for posts such as these, that's fine. I'm just trying to understand, and point out the difficulty in understanding what is allowed & what isn't.

"Please don't post threads looking for games.
Please use the appropriate local forums when you guys are looking for any type of game''

This infers that you're not supposed to look for a game here, not that it's wrong to post an actual game site and date. As I said, it's unclear what the exact parameters of the Outlaw section are...
The outlaw section is relatively new, and started off discussing the legalities of outlaw play. Players then started discussing their own fields, which was soon followed by players promoting games. As soon as that happened, the confusion started, and that's why the mods posted the rules in the sticky thread. The post by Red Army (and any others that are promoting games) should have be posted in the regional games section - even if no one mentioned it in their threads.

I understand it can be confusing having an outlaw section that only deals with the specifics of this type of game, but not list game dates. But I'm sure you can understand how much more difficult it will be trying to find a local game if we add another Local Games section just for outlaw in addition to the one we have already. For players who just want to see what games are going on in their area, it's tough enough already having to weed through the Local Games section, the Scenarios and Big Games section and Tournaments section.

I'll ask the mods re-word the rules of the sticky thread to clear up any further confusion.

Authorized CCI Dealer Specializing in Phantom Repairs and Custom Work
Serving the Greater Fairfield and New Haven County Area of CT Exclusively

Buy my BadAss Stock-Class T-Shirts

My MCB Feedback
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axel View Post
Slim doesn't know what he's talking about.
Slim is offline   Reply With Quote