Thread: Show of hands
View Single Post
Old 04-10-2006, 11:10 PM   #1 (permalink)
caplucky
I am not a macodomy!!

Question Show of hands

O.K. show of hands who here can relate to this?
You bring your main marker (or few markers in case of whores) your backup, your mask, backup mask or lens, barrels extra air, extra hoppers, large tool box (with everything needed to build at least another marker) misc. gear, and pods and harness, or 10 rounders.
And...
Another 1 or 2 markers, extra mask, extra hopper, more extra air, another pod and harness, hell even extra cammos or jersey, for a new player or some dimwit who shows up with just his marker (which doesn't work or breaks down) hopper and maybe a half filled air tank, no tools or spare parts, and if your lucky he may have his own paint.
Now the new player doesn't bother me, because after his first game he will try and get his own stuff (hopefully) but the half arsed player (also usually the one who is emptying his marker into the nearest tree or bunker as fast as he can before or after the game, which usually leads to the breaking part) who comes with his marker with the hopper and tank allready on it and maybe a bag of paint.
Now I usually have a large bag, a few medium marker bags, a bag o' masks, a duffle o' co2 tanks, a small cooler for paint, paper towels, rags, a bag of water or drinks and snack food, and giant red chrono for a half day of play.
And if I don't do it no one will so I am stuck carrying the load for others, and a large load it is. Now I am working on others to try and get them to bring some extra stuff, some at least have there own tools.
"Do you have a phillips head?"
ME "yes"
"where?"
"in my tool box"
"where?"
"in my tool box third slot from the top far right"
"where?"
%&^&*&%$#!!!!!!!
Me having to stop whatever I was doing and grabbing the screwdriver right on top where I said it was.
Then usually having to help them fix their problem.
Reminds me of the Whiteboard wher Roger times their arrival on the field to someone asking Doc to fix something.
Now I know this is a pitance to some of you and your arsenals you "need" at the field.
But I just needed to rant that it always seems to be me, hell even my son brings an extra marker and tools to work on them with and he's only 11.
Didn't know if it's just me or if anyone else seems to fall into this category.

Also why am I the one who has to set everything up and then call everyone the night before and that morning so that everyone shows up.
*deep breath*
Whoops sorry that got out.
caplucky is offline   Reply With Quote