View Single Post
Old 04-18-2013, 07:54 PM   #1 (permalink)
Murf425
Pop-Up Ninja

Help Me Pick a New Video Game

I've beaten the games I have, so I need something new to play. The only one I have that I haven't finished is Crysis 2, and I think it'll become apparent in a few minutes why I'm tired of it. So I need a new game for the 360 that fits the following criteria.

What I like in a game:
- 1st or 3rd person shooter (including flight sims)
- Really cool graphics
- Neat cinematic "WOAH!" moments (like what COD does so well)
- Lack of strategy, sneaking, having to make weapons, etc.
- The ability to just hold down the trigger, shoot anything that moves, and laugh maniacally while I do it.
- A worthwhile (at least) single player campaign. I don't play online, so off has to be fun.
- A year or so old so I can get it dirt cheap.

What I do NOT like in a game:
- Magic, sorcery, "nanomachines"...basically if you have "powers" (like in Bioshock), I'm out. I just want guns, rocket launchers, futuristic laser guns, stuff like that.
- Being responsible for multiple characters. I like to lone wolf it. I don't want to have to control a squad or anything like that.
- Never having enough ammo (Crysis 2)
- Enemies taking WAY too long to kill (Crysis 2)
- Scary ****. I admit it, I'm a big puss and don't want to crap myself (probably why, along with the making weapons thing, I haven't tried Dead Space yet)

I want to wade into hoardes of enemies, guns blazing, not having to worry running out of ammo, my gun breaking down, etc. Just a simple, mindless, good graphics, run and gun shoot em up.

Games I have that I enjoyed (for reference):
- 007: Bloodstone
- Star Wars: The Force Unleashed
- all CODs
- Fallout 3
- Red Dead Redemption

So...got any ideas?

Go ye therefore to all the nations, baptizing them in copious amounts of paint.

Proud member of Team On Target.
www.teamontargetpb.com
Murf425 is offline   Reply With Quote