View Single Post
Old 04-21-2013, 04:53 PM   #1 (permalink)
Panda
Low skill High enthusiasm

Custom Azodin Kaos Pump

Hey guys,
I'm embarking on my first major build, A customized AKP. I don't have a lot of money but I do have access to a machine shop, laser engraver, 3-d printer, and various other doodads. Really, this is a summer project to gain some experience. I hope to accomplish 3 things.

Faux Half Block
I want to cut all the unnecessary meat of the top tube of the KP. I do not want to have to make a custom bolt. How far can I go? Ideally, it will look like JCurts and Xlubens work.

Custom Pump Handle
Making a hitman mod compatible manly sized pump handle. Is this as easy as popping a piece of drelin on a lathe? Depending on how long it take I might make a very limited run of these.

Sweet Laser Engraving
Looking for designs, I love Nordic knot work and really anything viking-ish. How do I keep the line thickness constant over all the little bumps in the milling of the AKP? How hard is it to take a design is something like photoshop and make it compatible with the Laser?

Bonus: Cram and jam feed
I could make one with little effort, but how should I mount it to the ion threaded body? I would like to be able to change between Stick feed and hopper.

Thanks!
WTB CCI Parts
WTB
Striving to achieve everlasting glory in Vahalla
Cattle die, kinsmen die
all men are mortal.
Words of praise, will never perish
nor a noble name.
- The Havamal
Panda is offline   Reply With Quote