View Single Post
Old 04-21-2013, 04:53 PM   #1 (permalink)
Panda
Low skill High enthusiasm

Custom Azodin Kaos Pump

Hey guys,
I'm embarking on my first major build, A customized AKP. I don't have a lot of money but I do have access to a machine shop, laser engraver, 3-d printer, and various other doodads. Really, this is a summer project to gain some experience. I hope to accomplish 3 things.

Faux Half Block
I want to cut all the unnecessary meat of the top tube of the KP. I do not want to have to make a custom bolt. How far can I go? Ideally, it will look like JCurts and Xlubens work.

Custom Pump Handle
Making a hitman mod compatible manly sized pump handle. Is this as easy as popping a piece of drelin on a lathe? Depending on how long it take I might make a very limited run of these.

Sweet Laser Engraving
Looking for designs, I love Nordic knot work and really anything viking-ish. How do I keep the line thickness constant over all the little bumps in the milling of the AKP? How hard is it to take a design is something like photoshop and make it compatible with the Laser?

Bonus: Cram and jam feed
I could make one with little effort, but how should I mount it to the ion threaded body? I would like to be able to change between Stick feed and hopper.

Thanks!
Three Cocker Barrels and a CCI Phantom one.
Barrel Sale
Striving to achieve everlasting glory in Vahalla
Cattle die, kinsmen die
all men are mortal.
Words of praise, will never perish
nor a noble name.
- The Havamal
Panda is offline   Reply With Quote