View Single Post
Old 04-22-2013, 10:31 AM   #9 (permalink)
King of the OFG
Send a message via MSN to Robertsr

Kilt Fan
Ok. After a day of play I have a few more notes.

#1. They aren't kidding when they recommend that you break yourself into wearing them. My achilles is a-killin' me.

In all seriousness, these performed admirably at the field. It was after-rain play, so I got to try them out on dry, rocky, muddy, sloppy, and wet steps. I intentionally splashed through some really grotty areas to check water-tightness, and was surprised at how little my feet got wet. The jungle vents didn't seem to let all that much water in.

Grip was excellent under all conditions. I slid once the entire day, and I'm pretty sure I would have slid there even if I was wearing cleats. Surprisingly enough, the wet stairs were also easily navigated. I expected to slip there as I always have in my regular boots, and didn't. Not sure what the big difference is, but it was a nice surprise.

You really feel the stretch in your calves and achilles while wearing these. I've had the boots on for less than 8 hours total before going to the field, and could really tell the difference when I was playing. On the plus side, I didn't get any breaking-in blisters from anywhere, so the fit to my foot/ankle was very good.

After playing in them, I'm even more sold. My balance was enhanced, and the grip worked very well in multiple conditions.
MicroMags 'R Us

Robertsr is offline   Reply With Quote