View Single Post
Old 04-23-2013, 08:31 AM   #6 (permalink)
FreeEnterprise
Trails Of Doom

I don't think it is the water causing your accuracy issues... As the first shot would clear out your barrel. It most likely is the paint itself. Do you underbore? If so, don't in the cold, as that causes a ton of problems, then you have to realize that paint will swell in the cold, and behave strangely. I literally change out my paint after EVERY game when I play in the snow (and our games are typically only 10 minutes or less). I keep all my paint in a cooler with a heat source, and swap pods, and paint in my hopper every single time we are getting ready to start the next game.

By the end of the game at times my paint is usually behaving in the way you are describing...

And that is even with winter blend paint. I find the best winter paint is the glossy hard shelled paintballs, as they seem to hold their size better than the paint that is more rubbery and seems to grow in size in the cold.

Oh, and the BIGGEST thing to do when playing in below freezing temps is to TURN DOWN your velocity! Seriously, if it is below freezing, you should be running 260fps max. This single factor will change the way your paint flies, as the cold makes your marker velocity fluctuate dramatically. I have lots of guys that run 250fps or less in the cold and it makes a world of difference.

You can't shoot as far, but it beats watching your paint fly this way and that...
FreeEnterprise is offline   Reply With Quote