View Single Post
Old 05-05-2013, 04:57 PM   #46 (permalink)
Falcon16
Sic Itur Ad Astra

Send a message via MSN to Falcon16 Send a message via Skype™ to Falcon16

CCM Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luckless View Post
Do you play and enjoy the current version? If so, then pay up and support the devs. If you don't want to pay, then don't play it.

"I want to play it, but it isn't worth what they're asking for" is a pathetic cop out of an excuse, and is insulting to people working in the development industry. I don't walk into your place of business, make use of your services, and then say "while it is really nice, I don't feel like paying... FU I'll keep using it anyway."

Don't like their product? Find someone else and support them. Jerks pirating software is why the rest of us have to put up with annoying DRM or pass on larger games. It makes it many times harder to get funding as investors freak out over piracy, and is in general a headache for anyone working in the industry.
As I already stated before I bought the game a couple years ago when it was barely out of alpha on the premise that I would get the full game when it was finally released. Given that I paid on that premise it is a complete crock of that simply because I bought an older version way back when that the devs see fit to reneg on their promise to the early adopters and try and force us to pay again. F that! I paid for it already and if I have to pirate it at this stage I damn well will. My pirating it now has 0 to do with not wanting to pay them or not wanting to support the game or the industry. In truth be known I've probably spent well over $1000 on steam alone. So don't get on your soapbox with me about piracy

Feedback +36/-0
Click here to email me
My youtube channel
My downsizing/cleaning house sale

Quote:
Originally Posted by ApoC_101 View Post
Pump paintball is cheaper than any drug habit I've ever heard of.
Falcon16 is offline   Reply With Quote