View Single Post
Old 05-07-2013, 10:30 PM   #1 (permalink)
FreeEnterprise
Trails Of Doom

Lightbulb Thinking outside the box... or over the box, or around the box!

Don't know if you have seen this or not, but this is a project I have been working on that I think is VERY cool.

I call it the MonsterSpin system. It is a new style Flatline barrel with the shroud removed, and then a tape mod so it can accept a Apex 2 tip. It shoots VERY flat, for longer than the Apex or Flatline alone. As you can use the spin of the Flatline, then a little more spin with the Apex 2. I like setting it on regular Flatline, and 4 clicks with the Apex 2. It shoot a good 25 to 30 feet further before it starts to drop. And at long range, it takes longer for it to drop. I was out shooting my pole in my yard and normally with the Apex only I can hit my pole at 4 clicks at the bottom of the pole by aiming about 20 feet up. (at 200 feet away).

But, today I was hitting about 15 feet up on the pole from 200 feet away so it was only dropping 5 feet! Crazy!

I just figured out how to mount my ZoomCam to it, so I will have footage this weekend as I am going to the Paintball Country scenario on Saturday. I can't capture the massive dive bombs with the ZoomCam as it spins the paint so hard, but I'll have my helmetcam on so you can see how it works.

Here is a video of it from a two weekends ago.
link for mobile
MonsterSpin Paintball Barrel System! Flatline PLUS Apex 2 Flattest Shots Ever + Crazy Dive Bombs! - YouTube

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_wJZfHn5w-c

The dive bombs available when you flip the Flatline upside down, and then go full 9 clicks with the Apex is just crazy, you can dive bomb at 60 feet (normal Apex's or Flatlines can only divebomb at about 110 feet, or further) Plus it curves the paint WAY harder, with really consistent curves so you can aim at a spot and nail it in a couple of shots.

I have been having a lot of fun messing with this system, and I haven't broken a paintball in it yet! This is a totally different way to play as players that you know are there, and duck down so you can see them but can't hit them with a regular barrel... You can nail them with the MonsterSpin!

So if you have a Flatline and Apex 2, you too can build one and try it out! You will be shocked at what this thing can do!

FreeEnterprise is offline   Reply With Quote