Thread: New CCI reg
View Single Post
Old 05-13-2013, 09:47 PM   #18 (permalink)
Slim
I'm Stock Classy!

I set this one up for a teammate about a month ago. He wanted a PPS stab like I have on my Phantoms, but didn't have the cash. I suggested we try out the new CCI reg at less than half the price of a PPS, and see how it performs. We weren't able to do much testing before our last stock-class game, so it was a trial by fire. It held up well (unlike one of my PPS stabs that "stained the bed" half way through the day). Yes, the reg comes from CCI set at 750psi. Personally, I'd like to set it a little lower - around 650psi, but want to do some more testing first.

Name:  Phantom_01.jpg
Views: 499
Size:  145.9 KB

Name:  Phantom_02.jpg
Views: 480
Size:  185.9 KB

Name:  Phantom_03.jpg
Views: 506
Size:  106.4 KB

BTW, I ordered the ASA version of the reg (there are 2 versions - 1 with an ASA threaded bottom and one with an 1/8" NPT threaded bottom). As you can see, I added a "mini expansion chamber" to the bottom of the reg, and ran a SS braided line from the chamber to the bottom line. The chamber provides an area for the liquid CO2 to expand into a gas via temp & volume, as well as acting as a foregrip when your left hand is off the pump.

Also note that the gun isn't currently running a bucket changer off the bottom line adapter as pictured. The bucket changer was just there for testing. It's now set up with a Micro CA II, which is working well with the whole set up. The only thing left to do is drill and tap the valve body for a gauge, and this gun will be all set.

Authorized CCI Dealer Specializing in Phantom Repairs and Custom Work
Serving the Greater Fairfield and New Haven County Area of CT Exclusively

Buy my BadAss Stock-Class T-Shirts

My CCI, RTR, Carter, Flasc and TechT Stock-Class Parts Purge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slim
There's playing paintball with a stock-class gun, and then there's playing stock-class paintball. Big difference.
My MCB Feedback

Last edited by Slim; 05-13-2013 at 10:09 PM.
Slim is offline   Reply With Quote