View Single Post
Old 05-24-2013, 10:56 AM   #132 (permalink)
EL17E 76
MCB Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson Death View Post
For me it's pointless if it doesn't perform the same or better than the current first strike round.
See and for people that think as that it is a no brainer stick with the FSR

Let us make a supposition
suppose the 121 performs close to or the same up to say 50 yards(fictitious range used testing would need to be done to see where the performance mark dropoff is) same flat trajectory etc etc etc

you know this and use say 121s for 68 cal ranges/moving to cover, when your position gets pushed in on, overrun, need that double tap etc etc

once in position and in the clear you are then able to switch to your "long range" FSR - that shoots the same at that 50 yards but also has the heavier round for those extended range 1 shot hits that you are relying on to break every time etc etc etc

Is it worth the 10cent savings to be able to practice at that 50' range with no discernable difference in the two rounds performance
Although I suppose if you are on a CQB field and you are always inside those ranges but wanted a similar performing round at a cheaper cost it might be worth it.

is the 10cent saving enough in general?
20cents I would say definitely
being able to shoot 3 rounds instead of 4 for the same price meh

If they get the weight up to FSR range - and the splat and performance are similar then obviously the 10cents makes a difference; as it stands right now with the limited info available not for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightstar View Post
I translated this as: Scenario games are popular with overshooting douchebags raging on cocaine and steroid cocktails while roasting puppies and punching babies. Stay home unless you enjoy impromptu fistfights.

Last edited by EL17E 76; 05-24-2013 at 11:03 AM.
EL17E 76 is offline   Reply With Quote