View Single Post
Old 05-29-2013, 11:07 AM   #14 (permalink)
Gadget Soldier
weeeeeeeeeee

Send a message via Yahoo to Gadget Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by RatFink View Post
How late do the night games go?
Quote:
Originally Posted by paintballedbackin88 View Post
Last year, Gio said night games would run as long as people wanted to play. Last year we played until 1130-12am, I think. The latest they've played is until 3am, at least that's what Gio said about past night games. It was still pretty warm at night.
I concur, it really depends on conditions and the willingness of players to play night games. I used to play night games, but now I just sleep thru them so that I have energy to play on Sunday

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffS77 View Post
About to pre register now but I have a question... Should I pre order paint or should it be fine to purchase day of ? I plan on using their mid grade stuff.
Quote:
Originally Posted by paintballedbackin88 View Post
Purchasing the day of is fine. Even if you prepay, you still have to wait for the paint to arrive. The paint arrives late Friday night sometimes. We had a really bad experience with the mid grade paint though. It was very, very oily. It was so bad I had to change out about 1000 rounds for slightly less wet paint. We still had to roll them around in towels to remove the excessive oil. Everyone who bought the midgrade had similar issues. Your best bet is to pay for the premium to avoid the issues.
At Decay, players had problems with the paint, especially mid and premium (Evil). We (scenario team leaders/reps) met with Gio a couple of weeks ago and a few were voicing their paint issues ... 7 months after the fact! Players think that Giant is producing their own paint, but it is currently not the case. Gio tries to get the best and freshest paint possible for his events, but he has to rely on the paint vendors (Kee) for event paint.

Now, I run an Etek 3 with a Pinokio hopper and I'm ok with running either mid or premium, but I would stick with what you can buy and what you can use for your particular marker. For Decay, I ran with mid which was actually a Valken paint and I did not have any issues. If you have one of the older Tippmanns, for example, the premium paint would not do well because it was specifically made for higher end markers.

If you have had problems with paint in the past, especially most recently at Decay, please email Gio at gio@hollywoodsports.com and Jon at jon@hollywoodsports.com and let them know what you experienced. They forward all those emails to whoever they bought the paint from. Also, if you are at the event and you are experiencing crap paint, do not hesitate to find Gio or management and show them how crappy the paint is.
Gadget Soldier is offline   Reply With Quote