Thread: Inteliscope
View Single Post
Old 05-29-2013, 03:34 PM   #30 (permalink)
uv_halo
Paintball Ballistician :P

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruraldawgs View Post
ALL your points are valid :-) except one... out west the number of fields allowing out-number the number of fields that don't. Almost (like 90 %) all major scenarios fields and magfed games allow FS rounds. Its new tech, coming your way !!!
I realize MCB discussions are mostly speedball players and many dabble in other games like scenario. However soon FS rounds will be everywhere with few fields denying there usage. I see this out west (USA) already.
As much as I would hope the intitial sentence to be true, I'm not seeing it.

If it's so true in the west, why am I not getting more submissions for my field listing (the only one on the internet I might add)? As it stands, I've got three listed fields between Oregon and Washington, and four between Arizona, California and Washington. Here between VA and MD, there are a small handful of fields that allow them (seven), and we recently lost one due to insurance reasons (Warplay Paintball).

The resistance being posed by insurance companies is strong enough that Tiberius Arms is engaging with the ASTM to try and work out an acceptable definition and standard that insurance companies could rely upon for determining coverage.

Also, scenarios are special events in that there isn't one available for most people on most weekends of the year so, if a player is a regular (several times a month) they probably are playing on regular walk-on days more often than not.

Finally, just how many mag fed events are happening 'out west' and, how many fields are operating 'mag fed only' days?
Originally Posted by Tom Kaye -in response to FS price critics
Unfortunately all of you have played the one "speedball" game of paintball for so long you can't conceive of other ways to do this and hence any new ideas seem stupid.
uv_halo is offline   Reply With Quote