View Single Post
Old 06-03-2013, 12:57 PM   #130 (permalink)
uv_halo
Paintball Ballistician :P

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donut SD View Post
After having used a smoothbore this last saturday with fsr for the first time. I will say that, yes. Smoothbore will do the job but not in the fashion that it could be. My testing and application is very minimal at this point. I'm still shopping around for a rifled barrel. I want to go the hammer head route but a lot seem to be on that boat. I heard someone mention a lapco rifled barrel? I haven't found it yet, point me in the right direction. I'm willing to check it out if it exists.
Which gun are you using? If it's the T9.1:

LAPCO produces the Tiberius Arms Rifled Barrels (for the T8.1 and the T9.1) (it's got both companies branding on them) and, they come in at .683". I know they can be found at Rockstar Tactical and I believe other places as well. They've recently started producing them in Autococker threads as well (I believe they do not have the Tiberius branding on them) but, I don't know if they are available for sale from third party vendors yet.

Hammerhead is seeing a lot of interest lately because they're rifling appears so far to be just as effective as the LAPCO/Tiberius pattern but, without the barrel fouling or, reduced velocity. Unfortunately, they do not produce an autococker, non-finned barrel. Personally, I'm hoping the .683 offering isn't the final offering from LAPCO. The anno/bore finish is amazing on their barrels.
Originally Posted by Tom Kaye -in response to FS price critics
Unfortunately all of you have played the one "speedball" game of paintball for so long you can't conceive of other ways to do this and hence any new ideas seem stupid.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson Death View Post
First strike rounds punish lazy people. Don't be lazy and you won't have problems with first strikes.
uv_halo is offline   Reply With Quote