View Single Post
Old 06-25-2013, 03:38 AM   #1217 (permalink)
Silverback

Send a message via Yahoo to Silverback

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooligan View Post
D-Day was a sick joke that cost me way too much money. Yall didn't miss much. The week before the big game was kinda fun, pretty confusing on the mini games and what they were good for, points, props, etc. The sniper course was ok, the shoot was a joke. " Ok can you shoot a round through a 3'x'4 open square at 20'?" You pass! The stalk was fun, but I wish they would have told us about the prizes instead of just letting people stumble over them and keep them. Basically, I paid $20 to be able to get a sniper card that let me on the field 2 hours early on Saturday. Oh yeah, It let me use another grade of paint that I had to buy. And of course, no first strike sniper paint. So that's 2 cases of normal graffiti, one case of white fill graffiti, and 340 firststrikes........

The mag fed game was a blast, except for a certain pro team face raping with Dam's. I have a new attitude about the Dam after the week at D-day. I never saw one used responsibly. Do you really need to burst fire first strikes at some one who is already out? I'm pretty sure I'm in someones video, yelling " Let the player out" at the top of my lungs.

My Saturday was cut short early after an eliminated tank came up and shot about 30 of us in the back way too many times. On the next reinsert, I was called out by the allies to be a sniper and they let me have it. SEVEN shots to the back of the head as I was trying to walk off of the field. I'm still having twitch/ vision issues with my right eye. I tried to tell a ref that I was marked, please go pull their honor tags for overshooting a dead man. He told me that I didn't know how to play paintball and that my own team was shooting me in the back of the head cause I had advanced too far....

On the plus side, the vendors were awesome, the paint was great and I made friends with the Carmatech guys. Great guys on and off of the field.
We won't be going back to D-Day again. We are thinking about a road trip to Living Legends next year.
Being a 6 year D-Day vet I was pretty miffed this year at D-Day. Basically, THE REFS SUCKED / WEREN'T EVEN AROUND.

When they were there, we got use to the same refrain, over and over; "Deal with it."

We have no water at Omaha; "Deal with it."
Those players are out-of-bounds shooting at us; "Deal with it."
Where is the paint? "Deal with it."

They were so worried about changing up the game, that they failed to train their people and provide the basic needs for the safety of their players.

As a member of the Allied High Command, I will be doing everything in my power to get this fixed, but right now, I am less than hopeful anything will change.

Automaggot #133
Silverback is offline   Reply With Quote