View Single Post
Old 06-25-2013, 12:00 PM   #1 (permalink)
Nessy
I like to watch. ^_^

Location: Somewhere in the bowels of south eastern Virginia....

The Roaring 20's Series "Turf War" at the Swamp in Gloucester, VA (Oct. 4th-6th 2013)

Posting this for my friend WhiteFeather (of team SOVA), who will be producing and running this game. This game was well received last year, with over 200 players, and this year is looking to be bigger and better than last year!

TURF WAR (2013)

Throughout the 1920s two rival gangs ravaged the city of Chicago with a brutal feud that eventually culminated in the event known as the St. Valentine’s Day Massacre. The Irish gang, headed by George “Bugs” Moran, and the Italian gang, led by Alphonse “Scarface” Capone, battled over many things, but nothing more so than control of the Chicago underground and the liquor trade the flowed through it. Through out the struggle between these two rivals the battles were fierce and the grudges ran deep. Historically, Capone and Moran both lost much in the conflict. Moran managed to keep control of his territory and what remained of his gang through the end of Prohibition and through the early 1930s. But with the repeal of the Volstead Act (the very thing that put the gangsters into power) the North Side gang declined along with many other gangs and Moran decided to leave Chicago after a few years. However, Capone did not go unpunished either. After the St. Valentines Day Massacre, the government and the public expressed a new level of outrage with gangland killings and shootouts. With the government coming at him from all sides, Capone himself started to decline. The government eventually convicted Capone of income tax evasion and sent him to prison in 1932.

For this scenario, players will choose sides in the TURF WAR that Capone and Moran created as they battle it out and fight for the right to rule the streets of Chicago.

Pre-registration info can be found here.

Web Store - The Swamp Paintball Park
"Sniping's a good job, mate! It's challenging work, out-of-doors... I guarantee you'll not go hungry, 'cause at the end of the day, as long as there are two people left on the planet, someone is gonna want someone dead."

-The Sniper
Nessy is offline   Reply With Quote