View Single Post
Old 07-03-2013, 10:45 PM   #20 (permalink)
curtDNA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paintballer50505 View Post
Lcd or oled screen would be neat to add on if someone is doing a project and wants to make it as modern as they can.
will this do? CFAL12832D-B, 128x32 white OLED graphic module have a sample on the way to me now

Quote:
If its the size of the original mini morlock boards, that would be awesome, the shape was so much better than the little square t-board.
It's going to be smaller, but just as thin to accomodate a paintball grip. I've seen some of the other boards, c'mon where are you going to jam a square?

Quote:
Can we make sure that the eyes work in both modes, unlike the old run of predator morlocks, and the original t-board. Though thinking back the eyes worked fine on my old morlocked sandridge so I'm not afraid of that.
You put a morlock in a Sandridge? Oh the irony. Actually I'm finding a bunch of things the Morlock found it's way into now that I'm researching. I can't help but feel a little proud

Yes they will work in all modes, but who cares? I am more than likely going to release the code as an open standard. If you want something, either program it yourself, or find one of the many capable programmers playing paintball to write it for you.

Quote:
Fine adjustments of .1 for dwell, rate of fire, aybe debounce, and anything else that could be really tuned in.
It will be trigger-programmable, probably, but the real power will come when you plug it into a smartphone or windows box, .1ms? no sweat.

Quote:
I would limit the buttons needed, scrolling and selecting could be done by the trigger and a power button/eyes off button.
dunno about UI yet. I'm working on it.

[QUOTE=Paintballer50505;2749049]
Something that would be hard but awesome is if you could set it up to run a wide variety of batteries, such as the old angel batteries, newer angel batteries, the luxe batteries, the virtue batteries, 9 volts, or whatever else is out there, like the AAs in my pvi shocker. [QUOTE]
If it makes more than around 4.6v, this board will run it.

Quote:
Dreaming big It would be great to be able to set when the eyes read in the solenoid cycles. Say someone wants an open bolt cocker for the lols, or some other project that needs two noids to fire a gun, I'm thinking this could be what's needed for minis and guns that need two pulses to fire open bolt as well.
Dream big, my friend. you ain't seen nuthin' yet.

My day job is programming games? Everquest, EVE Online to name-drop a few.
I love games, and I love getting creative with software

Quote:
Dreaming bigger, pressure sensor options, h.e.s sensor options, would be awesome to see a board that would read real time pressure and automatically adjust the dwell to compensate for pressure variances during the firing cycle.
Feels cure-worse-than-disease, but I have two A/D inputs you could use for that.

Quote:
edit: it could be usable as a hopper board replacement as well, that shouldn't be a hard setting with eyes if they dont see anything run the noid, maybe make a sound activated option as an extra, and let it accept either an rf transmitter or receive. Idk how to set it up to spin backwards on command but that would be a cool feature as well. Add 3 more with lcd/oled screens to the board if it can run a hopper as well.
The whole point of the DNA board is to be useful for a wide range of projects way outside paintball. R/C, Robotics, Embedded programming tutorials.. so anything I can think of, this board will do, with the right daughter-board.

-Curt
curtDNA is offline   Reply With Quote