View Single Post
Old 09-05-2006, 08:46 AM   #6 (permalink)
Supernatural Anaesthetist
Send a message via AIM to Wycke

Originally Posted by P4p3Rc1iP View Post
which feels the most solid? (craftsmanship, reliability,)
Both are very solid made and very reliable. The Phantom is very light and may feel a bit fragile though.
I'd have to say the SS has a more solid feel to it. I love my Phantom, mainly because it's so light and accurate/consistant, but I also find that the thumbscrews that hold the grip to the body (esp. the front one) seem to loosen up fairly often. I think current models have a slot or hex-head on the screw so you can get it good & tight, but mine's an older one, so all I've got for leverage is the knurling around the edge of the screw. I don't think this is really a flaw in the design, more just a quirk that I have with mine because either I can't tighten the screws sufficiently or I pump it too hard.

The Super Stocker, on the other hand, has a bit of heft to it and at least feels more solid. I've never really played more than a game or two with one, though, so I can't say for sure that it really is more durable. The half-dozen Sheridan/PMI brass guns I've had, though (on which the SS is based) were the most rock-solid things in the world.
Porch Monkey 4 Life!

s'ok...I'm takin' it back...

My Feedback Thread
Wycke is offline   Reply With Quote