View Single Post
Old 09-05-2006, 08:46 AM   #6 (permalink)
Wycke
Supernatural Anaesthetist

Send a message via AIM to Wycke

Quote:
Originally Posted by P4p3Rc1iP View Post
which feels the most solid? (craftsmanship, reliability,)
Both are very solid made and very reliable. The Phantom is very light and may feel a bit fragile though.
I'd have to say the SS has a more solid feel to it. I love my Phantom, mainly because it's so light and accurate/consistant, but I also find that the thumbscrews that hold the grip to the body (esp. the front one) seem to loosen up fairly often. I think current models have a slot or hex-head on the screw so you can get it good & tight, but mine's an older one, so all I've got for leverage is the knurling around the edge of the screw. I don't think this is really a flaw in the design, more just a quirk that I have with mine because either I can't tighten the screws sufficiently or I pump it too hard.

The Super Stocker, on the other hand, has a bit of heft to it and at least feels more solid. I've never really played more than a game or two with one, though, so I can't say for sure that it really is more durable. The half-dozen Sheridan/PMI brass guns I've had, though (on which the SS is based) were the most rock-solid things in the world.
-Chad

s'ok...I'm takin' it back...

My Feedback Thread
Wycke is offline   Reply With Quote