Thread: Surrender Rule
View Single Post
Old 08-02-2013, 03:20 AM   #8 (permalink)
Lead-Foot
Old School

CCM Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaltro View Post
I have a question for you guys. The field I play at has a 15ft surrender rule, pretty standard for any rec field. I do follow the rule, if I walk up on someone I will ask them to surrender. They are small fields (each field about the size of a PSP field) and sometimes trouble arises. The trouble being, you're playing and all the sudden you and another guy are within 15ft, they have players behind him shooting at you and you have players behind you shooting them. My question is, do you guys honor the surrender rule and ask them to surrender (even though you both see each other and maybe trade a ball or two) as you're being shot at from multiple people or just put one shot and try to explain yourself later?

I don't mean to come off as a jerk and say "screw the rules and shot them" but from time to time you get in a real sticky situation. Of course, I won't shot a kid/first-timer/mom/etc. that close and I am not playing to win on a rec field, but it happens.

Like I said, I don't want to sound like a jerk, but it has happened multiple times and I'm trying to figure out a "better" surrender/close quarters rule. If that makes sense.

Thanks
Surrender rules are the same here in FL. In a case like you described I walked up on a building with 4 people inside and had them surrender, ref said it's 1 for 1. So next game I stood about 20 feet away and blasted everyone inside until all of them were hit and calling themselves out repeatedly. I follow all the rules and play to win, you should also. In recball it's just not worth sneaking up on someone and making them surrender because there will always be an argument, especially if they get scared and shoot you. The field staff should get creative and decrease the velocity to 230-250fps and have no surrender rule if the field is really too small.
Lead-Foot is offline   Reply With Quote