View Single Post
Old 08-22-2013, 07:05 PM   #7 (permalink)
Frizzle Fry
Post Whore

Yeah...

I had a nice Magellan 7" stolen a few months ago which I loved. It was a slightly older model, and I can replace it with an identical one for $150ish brand new. I've got 20/20 vision but for whatever reason smaller ones are near useless to me... I had my finger hovering over the "buy" button on Amazon for about two months, then my stereo crapped out, so I started looking for other options.

Seems like replacing my current unit with another 6-CD changer would be $150-$250 for a cheap one (Kenwood, Boss, Pyle, Blaupunkt) and $350+ for a nicer one (Alpine, Polk, Boston). I don't trust the mechanical aspects of these suckers so I wouldn't go for a cheap one, and it doesn't make sense to pay for a nicer one considering the age of the vehicle.

I'm looking at other options, but one of the bigger concerns for me is how clean the dash looks when all is said and done... Most of the stuff on the market seems to be button-covered crap that glows five different colors and looks cheap no matter what the quality level. My dash is black and tan with green lights, and my existing unit is very simple with a durable exterior. To me a touchscreen looks neater than the dashboard of the millennium falcon doing lazer pink floyd every time I start the vehicle or adjust the volume. I'd also like to retain the steering wheel controls if at all possible.
Frizzle Fry is offline   Reply With Quote