View Single Post
Old 11-27-2013, 09:10 AM   #284 (permalink)
uv_halo
Paintball Ballistician :P

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottallen1986 View Post
I like the Hustle video. Looks nice. My main concerns is:

1. Is the engine/operation anything like the T9/8? They were way over engineered in my opinion.
2. How can you clear the inevitable FS jam?

I'm very biased against TA after having won an engraved T9 and all the window dressings at a sniper tournament back in 09, and it never worked. I sent it in 3 times and each time it came back it broke within 20 rounds. So I've bricked it and have refused to consider a TA gun again.

But good solid engineering, consistency data, and reviews from players (not just Hustle) can always change my mind. Though unless they can provide all of that by the time the SAR12 guys can get their closed bolt semiauto engine out, it's moot anyways...
As for the T8-T9 series of guns, I don't know if I'd say 'over-engineered'. Just engineered from the beginning to be a spool valve relying on an air-through magazine (the T4 was for the most part, a re-housing of the T8/T9 guts).

I'd consider the T15 to be a 'next-generation' marker. PhantomDesigner claimed to be involved with it's development- here's what he had to say:

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhantomDesigner View Post
...The engine? (great question) totally different than the current Tiberius engines.
The inevitable FS jam is a function of the mag/breach design. Based on pics of the mag I've seen so far, I wouldn't hold my breath. Relying on a follower to hold a round in the breach is not the best way to go. In my opinion, you can get away with this if you're running a low-force, closed-bolt system.

As fragile as FS rounds are, I think it's probably particularly challenging to duplicate the extraction function of modern rifles (i.e. you get a jam, quickly pulling a lever to eject the damaged/unseated round) and chamber another round, without making the mess worse.
Originally Posted by Tom Kaye -in response to FS price critics
Unfortunately all of you have played the one "speedball" game of paintball for so long you can't conceive of other ways to do this and hence any new ideas seem stupid.
uv_halo is offline   Reply With Quote