View Single Post
Old 01-03-2014, 11:58 PM   #1 (permalink)
tjd10684
MCB Member

TJD Customs: Project AC9

Thought I would try something a little different this off season. I have been thinking about making a full custom milled AC for a while but I never had the chutzpah to just throw a working cocker body in the mill and see what happens. Well after getting a little experience with Riddlers custom body I thought I should buy a couple raw ones and try it out. Whats the worst that can happen right?

So at the moment here is what I am working toward.

I think the body is pretty much decided.

Since I am the creator of the PA pump assist I figure I might as well own 2

Not sure about the VASA right now I feel like it needs some more punch

While in the past I have made prototype HPR's I think I'll take the easy way out and buy one.

Same thing for a lower tube kit.

I keep tossing around the idea of making my own bolt for this one. maybe something that follows the body design so and I can get it annodized to match

For the grip frame I like CCM frames but they are just too common for this. So I figure their is 2 ways to go here.
1. Make my own frame that takes CCM triggers and AT parts
2. Try to find a beat up CCM for cheep and mod it.

Then the barrel. obviously it will be freak bored other than that I am not sure. I guess I'll have to get a better feel of the overall design before picking one. I would prefer to have no branding on it. Actually something like the stock etek 3 barrel could be very nice. (hum have to think on that)

ASA I like the POPS asa's but I also like polished finishes and I know that the dust finish of the POPS is a pain to polish. If only I could get one raw.

I also freak bore
http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/a...ml#post2393405

A wise man once said:
"The gap between theory and reality is not as far in theory as it is in reality."
tjd10684 is offline   Reply With Quote