View Single Post
Old 03-17-2014, 04:23 PM   #32 (permalink)

First Pistol I am no illiterate and there was no need to go personal on my post just because YOU do not agree with it.

Second I never said or even argued against a free market.

Third I never said there was not a market for.50.
My POINT was there IS NOT A LARGE or even viable market for the .50
I have no doubt some field somewhere used it.

But lets deal in REALITY. In the 50+ fields (over 3 states) I have played plus 20 or so events I have been at since the marketing of .50 I have been in EXACTLY ONE EVENT ONLY that used it and ONLY BECAUSE the tank was sponsored by GI (with the results reported by THE EVENT PROMOTER).
I may not be all over the country but in my area not one uses .50. That says something.

I also have had a hard time with internet searches finding any fields that use .50. Where a search that looks for .68 blows up the engine.

If you go on any site (be it ebay, ultimate paintball, B/S/T, ect) you find maybe less than 10% (that's being overly generous) being .50 products and maybe 1% in stores.

The facts prove .50 still only exists due to the pressure of before mentioned parties pushing this (IMO) CRAP.

I also do not know EXACTLY if the brothers have a direct control of anything tippman does.

BUT if the company was bought out by a group with connections (at minimum) to the brothers and now tippman is pushing a .50 product any reasonable person can connect the dots.

If it walks like a duck, quacks like a duck it most likely a DUCK.

All I am pointing out is .50 as a viable market is quite frankly NOT THERE.

I don't want a good company like tippman to put something out that has BOMBED when other companies have tried it.

BTW not one crack in this post is personal.
scrounger is offline   Reply With Quote