View Single Post
Old 04-10-2008, 01:17 AM   #7 (permalink)
CCMachinist
MCB Member

CCM Fan
quote:Ok so not a thrilling amount, but I really just find pump cockers to be really comfy, just not sure if the big bucks are worth it, no offense.

None taken.$500 + is a lot of money and you do have to ask what am I getting for what I'm paying.I can tell you how we make them.

#1 We start with about 7+ lbs of 6061 aluminium and end up with a marker weighting under 3 lbs.(The grip frame starts out at 44oz.of material)
#2 303 and 304 stainless steel for the steel parts
#3 "virgin" delrin for the bolt and trigger and pump handle
#4 18-8 stainless steel screws
#5 hand polishing,diamond honing the bolt bore,diamond polished sear,hand fitting and assembly, testing and tuning with paint
#6 there is a 17-4 stainless steel heat treated low friction roller bearing on the trigger where it engages the sear.this is new and is installed in all grip frames as of about a week ago.

There may be a few things I left out but this coves the big stuff. I hope this helps.
“Do not yearn too much for a sword made by a famous smith. This is because even if you give a good man a sword worth ten thousand coppers, he will not be able to beat a hundred men each holding a spear worth a hundred coppers.” - Asakura Takakage Toshikage, 1462-1482

Ecc. 9-10
Whatever your hand finds to do, do it with your might; for there is no work, nor device, nor knowledge, nor wisdom, in the grave, where you go.

DOOR GUNNER handgun mounts for gunsafes.

http://www.machineshopdpm.com/
CCMachinist is offline   Reply With Quote