View Single Post
Old 05-10-2009, 11:48 PM   #1 (permalink)
cfos00
Midget Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to cfos00

LK-13's Orracle Polishing

Today I am reviewing aluminum polishing by LK-13. I know people here have seen his work on automag bodies, and frankly I thought it was pretty impressive. At the same point, I've polished a mag body before, and while it never got the the mirror shine his did, it still looked pretty good. In other words, I've thought that, with the shape of a mag, most people could polish a mag into a good looking piece.

I happened to be moving a mag pistol of mine, and he asked about a trade. I wanted to see what he could do, and not with something I could work with on my own. After getting an Orracle body off of eBay for under $50, a prostock back block, a benchie slider, a prostock vert asa, a front block, and a filing the back block into Orrie shape, I swapped the mag for the polishing of all of the parts above along with the sear and a drop zone 2. All were raw aluminum. The back block was shaped, but still was rough along the top where I had filed it down. The body was matte, dirty, and was tarnishing. The frame was also really ugly, with almost a composite metal look. It's kind of hard to explain, but it didn't look good.

This is what I got back on Friday. Needless to say, I was floored. The mark on the front block was from a tool mark which he mentioned that he could fix it if I wanted to send it back, and he would pay both ways. While I appreciate it, I actually like it all as is.
The body, has some of my finger prints and packing fibers on it:

The parts lot:

Mock up with a foregrip on it:

Assembled and in sunlight:

Please remember that it is all raw polished aluminum. The front block pneus were not sent to him and are chromed. And they match the aluminum. I was worried about the chrome being too bright. I was wrong. The polished aluminum absolutely fits right in with it. It's a mirror finish. He took complex shapes in the Orrie body, rail, front block, back block, and asa and made them all look amazing together. I'm most impressed with the body and the grip. Going in, they were the two parts in the worst shape, and they're probably the two most complex in shape. Now they match completely, and both have a high shine on them. Like I said, a mirror. I think he has some before pictures. If he can post them, it will illustrate the turnaround on the parts. It's just a huge difference.

Needless to say, I highly recommend LK-13's work. On top of his polishing work, he's also just seems like a really good guy. He communicates quickly and kept me up to date the entire time he had my stuff. It also went pretty quickly. I would gladly send him more of my stuff to work on, and highly recommend him to anyone who wants a mirror finish on their aluminum. Thanks LK-13.

Need a Centerflag Uprising manual? PM me.

My Shooters
http://customcockers.com/forum/showt...514#post386514

Looking for a Twister body and back block!!
cfos00 is offline   Reply With Quote