View Single Post
Old 05-06-2006, 10:50 AM   #31 (permalink)
MCB Member

I have had a few injuries but I will start with worst first:

[flashback mode]
It few years ago.... Every year my family on my dad's side has a cabin up in maine that they stay at for 2 weeks. Now when I say maine, I mean pretty far up there. About 5 hours noreast of Portland. The closest town is called Machias which is about 1 hour and 1/2 away from our place ONCE we get on the road. But getting to the road is not easy. The driveway is dirt, rocks and hills that is traveled on a few times a year but only 5 miles long. The closed people to use were across a 10 mile lake or about 3 miles on foot. It takes about 45 mins to get down the road to the cabin. Now with a caravan of about 6 cars/vans and trucks it is still hard. We live in a cabin, no running water or power and it is the life for 2 weeks every august. We are on a huge lake and its paradise. We shoot guns, swim, boat, hunt fish all day long.

Ok so here is what we decided that year. My cousin and I were the only ones who were pretty seriuos about paintball and we still had about 5 people with guns plus all my loaners. It came out to about 12 people. We had 2 loaners left. So we decide to play the 3rd day of vaction there. On the second night, we are all sitting around the fire and suddenly we hear voices down the road and then these 2 old guys(in thier 60s) come up to use and we invite them toi sit and chill with us. After hours of talking somoene mentioned paintball and invited them to play with us. The next day we all meet at this small island on the lake to play which is sized about 7 square acres. They had all thier own gear. The first game a few people including our new "friends" sat out. The next game is when all hell broke loose.

We played by normal rules but the no shoot from less than 10 feet. We all chronoed in at around 270 and we used some old paint. The new guys brought thier own. For that game it was the new guys, a few of my cousins, myself vs the rest of the people. The teams were even. At teh break of the game, one of our new "buddy" decided to come up behind me and my cousin and just start unloading on the two of us. Point blank We did not understand it and I tried to shoot back but those shots hurt way too much. Seconds later another cousin on my team grabbed the shoots guns and tears it out of his hands. The game was called and everyone came to see what happened. I look over and notice my cousin(the one who was hit allong with me) was out cold. At first I thought he was dead. I managed to get away with only a few bad bruises on my upper back and arm. My uncle who saw the whole thing happened was about to literally kill the new guy but we did restain him. Then a big fight raged on as we loaded my hurt cousin into the car to get him to the hospital. My one aunt is a nurse and it took her 15 mins to get out of the driveway and 45 mins to get into town and to the med. center.

My entire back and arm were purple and my cousin had been out for 3 hours and had much worst bruises. We called in the authorites and the guy we were playing with was charged with some assault charge. That was definatly the MOST painful and frightening time I have ever played paintball.
[/flashback mode]

Whoa that was long.
I have had and seen some other pretty bad injuries.

Last week while eveyrone was enjoying castle, I was play at a local field, I broke/badly sprained my foot and it still hurts like a monkey.

I have seen a guy try sliding into a bunker on his stomach and when staright through it. I thought he broke his neck but then he just got up and walked off.
netsurferdude2 is offline   Reply With Quote