mcarterbrown.com  

Old 12-01-2009, 10:09 PM   #11 (permalink)
JKR
AKA: Wraith

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackson View Post
CO2 was a no-go. On/off was not liking it at all. Put a rental HPA tank on it, set the Stab at 600 psi, adjusted velocity with the marker's reg. Was happy all day. Might break down and get a 45/45 for next year. My mag was much happier. I'm a maggot for sure now.
Glad to hear you had a good day with your 'Mag. I use anti-siphon CO2 with an expansion chamber unless the temps drop below about 50 degrees. Anything below that and out comes HPA - the 'Mag seems much happier that way.

"A people that values its privileges above its principles soon loses both."
-- Dwight D. Eisenhower

"Associate with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for it is better to be alone than in bad company."
-- George Washington

Feedback
JKR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 10:17 PM   #12 (permalink)
WVU paintball #19

AKA Fan
I get around 750 from my 45/4500 with using my minimag w/ lvl7.
minimag03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2009, 10:10 PM   #13 (permalink)

Welcome back to the Mag Jackson. I remember when you got the Blazer (same time I did). I ended up ditching the Blazer and going back to my Tac One. The Blazer was nice, but just seemed a little to finicky for my taste. Do you still have your Blazer?
jrodbbrook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2009, 11:38 PM   #14 (permalink)
MCB Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrodbbrook View Post
Welcome back to the Mag Jackson. I remember when you got the Blazer (same time I did). I ended up ditching the Blazer and going back to my Tac One. The Blazer was nice, but just seemed a little to finicky for my taste. Do you still have your Blazer?
My exact same experiences. Blazer was too finicky. So I traded it for a Tiberius T8 package. Basically a Mag in pistol form. Thank you for welcoming me back, but I never had a mag before, so just a welcome to the mag would be in order.

Getting a Crossfire 68/45 for Xmas. Figured with the mods I have planned, I'll be running with my tank in a vest on remote mostly. And the 68/45 is still lighter than the steelie rental tank I used, and it wasn't all that bad weight wise.
I do custom 3D printing and design work. PM me for inquiries.

Mission Masters
My Feedback
Jackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 09:34 PM   #15 (permalink)

Quote:
Thank you for welcoming me back, but I never had a mag before, so just a welcome to the mag would be in order.
Was it an A5 that you had? Were you on A50G?
jrodbbrook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 12:22 AM   #16 (permalink)

If you want to stay with CO2 sell your male stabilizer and get a female Stabilizer. This way your thank will be regulated from the get go, also have an anti-siphon put in your CO2 tank and use an expansion chamber in place of your male stabilizer. If your going to go with HPA I think it would be wise to get a 68/4500 tank with at least 850psi out put. The 45/4500 your thinking about getting might be to small depending on how much paint you shoot per game.
BigTrucker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 01:11 AM   #17 (permalink)
WVU paintball #19

AKA Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigTrucker View Post
If you want to stay with CO2 sell your male stabilizer and get a female Stabilizer. This way your thank will be regulated from the get go, also have an anti-siphon put in your CO2 tank and use an expansion chamber in place of your male stabilizer.
I think this could actually be detrimental. Liquid co2 could still get through your reg, and could a spike in psi when it gets to the expansion chamber.
minimag03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 10:01 AM   #18 (permalink)
MCB Member

Doesn't matter. As I said, I got a 68/45 Crossfire tank coming now. So no more CO2 on the mag.
I do custom 3D printing and design work. PM me for inquiries.

Mission Masters
My Feedback
Jackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 07:27 AM   #19 (permalink)
Marathoner

Quote:
Doesn't matter. As I said, I got a 68/45 Crossfire tank coming now. So no more CO2 on the mag.
Prepare to fall in love with your mag all over again.
Old 12-16-2009, 11:56 AM   #20 (permalink)
Owld Skewl

How cool - I was about to post about a classic mag, in the cold, with CO2. But this post is almost exactly what I was looking for.

My experience: My classic lvl7 mag is happy with co2 until it gets to about 40 degrees or a bit lower. Then the on/off and power tube o-ring start acting up.

I have tried a Palmer stabilizer and a huge Air America expansion chamber to fix it, but nothing really helps.

My conclusion is that there is something in the valve itself that doesn't like co2. Perhaps the reg fills so fast that the pressure drop causes it to freeze?

Hm - I wonder what it would be like if you turned the valve reg up to basically disable it, and adjusted the pressure with a stabilizer, so there would be less pressure drop in the valve? might make the gun less consistent, but it would be worth it to have a winter co2 setup.

In other news, my Blazer works great in the cold with co2, and so does my SL68II. My Phantom, not so much, but I'm working on a regulated setup to help with that. Yes, I love Palmer regulators!

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » Air Gun Designs