mcarterbrown.com

mcarterbrown.com (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/)
-   Air Gun Designs (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/air-gun-designs/)
-   -   Trigger discussion (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/air-gun-designs/10046-trigger-discussion.html)

TrracerAce 01-27-2007 12:12 AM

Trigger discussion

Just messing around with my Mag, which has the double-trigger Dye frame. I can walk out strings of rapid fire that can only be matched by those with ultra-light electronic triggers once I've locked down the sweet spot.

Sadly, as is the case with most Mag noobs, I've been known to short-stroke it in the heat of the moment. This has cost me my share of opportunities and is a source of mild annoyance in what is otherwise my absolute favorite marker.

So here I am looking for suggestions. I'm in the market for another, more modern trigger frame once I've got the funds up. What's out there for a guy like me who loves everything about Mags but the old trigger setup?

doicomehereoften 01-27-2007 01:28 AM

You can keep the same grip, but do a pneu-Mag conversion. Those are great. Shortens & lightens the stroke.

James Blond 01-27-2007 05:25 PM

Yeah, rainmain could do a pneu mag conversion for you or a cheaper alternative would be to buy an AGD intelliframe. They are very nice frames and I never shortstroked when I had mine. They come in either a blade syle trigger or the standard 2x finger style.

AGDRetro 01-27-2007 06:17 PM

Practice. I shot mech Cockers for years, and am use to making a full trigger pull, but still short stroked a bit when I switched to the Mag. I have an RPG Trigger & Intelliframe and with practice I haven't had any trouble for a good while now...

BigEvil 01-30-2007 08:52 AM

What mag set up do you have? Are you using a stock on/off or the ULT? Big difference.

Also, if you are thinking of going Pnuemag.. talk to Pnuemagger on AO. He does the best conversions by far.

Lenny 01-30-2007 01:28 PM

Big Evil, Pneumagger has an MCB account now, so he can be reached here.

TrracerAce 01-31-2007 11:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigEvil (Post 91134)
What mag set up do you have? Are you using a stock on/off or the ULT? Big difference.

Stock. It's what you'd call a FrankenMag, cobbled together from parts purchased both from local players and dealers, and from this site.

I might look into either a pneumatic conversion or an intelliframe.

BigEvil 02-01-2007 12:01 PM

The intelliframe is one of the nicest mech frames available, always a good choice.

If you have an Xvalve or Emag valve.. consider the ULT. It makes the trigger almost walkable. The Pmag conversions are nice if done properly. Pneumagger has done so many of them he knows his stuff well.

In your post about short stroking, you didnt mention if you have the lvl10?

Rudisill 02-01-2007 01:48 PM

You ought to look into the sear mod that Lukes customs does. It's super cheap and it makes it hard to short stroke

TrracerAce 02-02-2007 02:10 AM

Nope, no Level 10 bolt yet, and the valve is the venerable old ANS Phase II Reactor. I got the whole shebang at a fair price. The bolt is on the list of upgrades, after the new trigger frame. I don't chop much aside from those aforementioned short stroked cycles so it's on the list of "things that would be nice to have" instead of "things the marker needs". :D

On another note, I know some of you have the Benchmark frame with the push-pin "safety" that you pull out for the trigger to have its full range of motion. Is it normal to be able to cycle the marker with this pushed in? As in the marker will cycle before the trigger strikes the pin and is blocked from moving further. It's why I've been able to walk my trigger so far and has been pretty convenient, but is it supposed to do that?