mcarterbrown.com  

Old 12-23-2009, 01:46 AM   #11 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nevit View Post
i have no idea on how to mount it but you can power it basically the same way you would power a pnu frame.
Just run an LPR off of the asa, run a hose to a valve like a MSV-2 or a Clippard SMAV-3 that is activated by the sear. then run the cyclone hose from the valve. the cyclone should feed every trigger pull. you can also T this one in to an existing pnu frame.. in theory. Its almost like a mechanical inteli feed.
You have a delay problem to over come on a pneumag, you need to spin the cyclone after or before (but that looks weird) the the shot has been fired, not at the same time. Using the T junction on a trigger pull you would have the cyclone feed the ball at the same time the bolt is closing and firing, that means mushed paint. On a Tippy the blowback pulse that resets the hammer also spins the cyclone not the firing pulse that shoots the ball. With a mag (pneumatic or not) you are trying to use the firing pulse (from the trigger pull) to spin the cyclone and that happens at the wrong time. Sorry if that isn't making sense its late here.

You might be able to over come this if you had a autococker style trigger and 3-way valve setup or something similar that triggered the cyclone to spin on a trigger reset (when it moves to the forward position). So pull trigger back mag fires, trigger goes forward and loads a ball. Even doing it that way you still have a problem with it being always on (so the cyclone piston is always forward in the rest position). Unless maybe you used some kind of wheel to trip the switch or replaced the stock cyclone piston with an autococker ram.

Sunshaker's Feedback
sunshaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2009, 02:11 AM   #12 (permalink)
Wookie D*ck

sunshaker, the cyclone fittings on a Tippmann actually connect directly to the gas that is used to propel the ball. As for the delay, you're probably right, however you could probably time the moment at which it triggers by having a threaded rod set so the switch activates well after the shot has been taken. You'd most likely want to have a trigger frame with some slop after the pull though, like a Benchmark.

You'd probably be screwed if you had a jittery pull and hit the cyclone switch twice before resetting the trigger, and who knows how well it would work with the small trigger pull of an RT valve, especially if you are sweetspotting the trigger.

I think it would be more feasible to just tap right into a twistlock barrel. Cut the body short so you can get the fitting in, and make sure the it doesn't poke into the bore.
russc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2009, 03:21 PM   #13 (permalink)
A Suffusion of Yellow

If you wanted the kick directly from the air chamber, you could get an old magic box valve, remove the add-on air chamber, thread a fitting into it, and huzzah. In theory, anyway. And I'm not just suggesting this because I have a magic valve. Promise.

My feedback: http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html
b-cuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2009, 10:38 PM   #14 (permalink)
Bitter Young Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by custar View Post
Tippmann makes an ASA that has a standard HP outlet (straight from the tank) on one side and a LP outlet (operates as a LP regulator) on the other side. The LP outlet is set up for a barb, so that should work marvy for your Cyclone.

So, how do you mount the Cyclone? I would love to have a Cyclone on an Automag and even tried to find someone to do a little milling on a Tac body to allow a Ripclip to be mounted. I would rather have a Cyclone to stay purely mech, even the feed system.

custar
I have this ASA, if you need it PM me and we can work something out.
HyePower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2009, 10:42 PM   #15 (permalink)
Yep...

CCM Fan
Kilt Club
PPS Fan
I saw a BT rip clip on a Warp bodied MAG a while back. Do a search on AO and you will probably find it.

Dark Side is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2009, 10:59 PM   #16 (permalink)
Wookie D*ck

It's probably much easier to install a rip clip but that kind of defeats the purpose.
russc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2009, 04:14 PM   #17 (permalink)
Formerly known as DMex

Google Tłumacz
Ando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2009, 04:33 PM   #18 (permalink)
(V) (o,,,o) (V) WOOP WOOP

Hmm.. Well that makes it much easier looking. I gotta take a look at a ripclip before I figure out if it will work, Best I can I want to keep this cheap.
Old 12-25-2009, 06:41 PM   #19 (permalink)
Custom User

For those who want to use a cyclone lets start to add info.

This is from the TechT website...........

The Vortex Mod will feed upwards to 30+ balls per second and continue to load down to pressures as low as 150psi.

Stock parts only feed up to 15 balls per second and only down to a pressure of 400 psi.

So I think the first thing to do is bring the operating pressure down to as low as possible by modding the cyclone. That way a LPR can be used to supply the power. The TechT Vortex does this and also brings the rate of fire possible much higher than a stock cyclone. Or so they say......

If its true then this is a win win to use lower pressure and to get higher feed rates.

Last edited by adam45; 12-25-2009 at 06:44 PM.
adam45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2009, 10:48 PM   #20 (permalink)
(V) (o,,,o) (V) WOOP WOOP

It sounds like a Ripclip is going to be much easier to keep the marker looking clean, As soon as I get one I'll start and do a step by step guide for mounting it to a stock body.

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » Air Gun Designs