mcarterbrown.com  

Old 01-05-2010, 01:02 PM   #21 (permalink)
Delta paintball team

Ok
Just set it up right and you wouldn't need this
The $aint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 02:50 PM   #22 (permalink)
King of the OFG

Send a message via MSN to Robertsr

Kilt Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by The $aint View Post
Ok
Just set it up right and you wouldn't need this
Stand on a chair junior. All this is going over your head.

It's to make the trigger lighter. Lighter than a ULT. Mouse-clicky, electronic light.

We know that a properly tuned RT or X can autofire many rounds a second. That's not what this is about. This is about the trigger feel and control. Besides, a lot of mag guys kinda like to have something different. That's why they run mags in the first place.

FEEDBACK
Robertsr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 03:12 PM   #23 (permalink)
aka Alby

Send a message via AIM to pinkanese

AKA Fan
Also this conversion makes it a true semi, since some fields and tournaments do not a allow r/t this makes it legal to use a mag more places.
Nobody actually plays on MCB, they just hoard and sell.
pinkanese is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 02:31 AM   #24 (permalink)
Delta paintball team

Again set it upright
P
Old 01-06-2010, 07:03 AM   #25 (permalink)
The Teacher

Quote:
Again set it upright
P
I'll say again what has been said....

No matter how well you set up a mag, it will still have a "heavier" trigger pull than the conversion. Yes, you can set it up to shoot ropes, but that's only using the R/T effect of the valve. In reality when this happens, its still only one trigger pull that is causing this effect.

With the pneumag conversion, the trigger pull is comparable to a microswitch on an electric marker. This makes it possible to walk in semi and get the desired effect of an electric switch while keeping the gun mechanical.

The x-valve is just an aluminum R/T valve. It is just an extremely light valve. Even with this valve, you can't gain the desired effect of the light trigger pull that the pneu conversions gives you
amossbur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 07:10 AM   #26 (permalink)
Marathoner

Quote:
Again set it upright
P
True. Paintball guns don't feed upside down.
Old 01-06-2010, 08:40 AM   #27 (permalink)
Cranky Wanker

Saint - I don't think you really understand how the gun should work vs some people booger them up.

You should NOT be able to get the gun to bump shoot or act like a tippmann RT, that means the gun is not working correctly. Long term issues would be shorter bolt life, shorter sear life and broken on off pins.

The Pnu set ups remove the mechanical link between the finger and the gun firing. You are now using a 2 way switch to direct air to a ram to fire the gun. The ram is still pushing as hard as your finger would have to, but as your working a small pneumatic switch its like shooting an E Gun.

and because of this I can play with my hAir Mag in say X-ball where everyone else is capped at 10bps were I am uncapped because it is still a mechanical gun and has no electronics.

You COULD take this a step further and use a electronic gas solenoid and a board to get all the fun E mode and stuff.

-R
RobAGD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 10:59 AM   #28 (permalink)
Delta paintball team

Oh I know how it works
75% of mags are not set up right
Being a long time mag owner user I totaly under stand how it works
I've put out a lot of custom Mags and have been able to walk a intelliframe when set up right it's not easy but can be done
Old 01-06-2010, 11:06 AM   #29 (permalink)
pk5
Stardust Memory

CCM Fan
AKA Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
RTP Fan
Ok...first of all, where can you get a statistic that said 75% of mag are not setup right?

Second, if anyone can walk an inteli even with the ULT installed, please post a video. Does the ULT make it a lighter trigger sure, but can you walk it like walking an electro i.e. say an ego, then no, the pneumag setup allow you to achieve that level of lightness without converting it to a fully pneumatic setup or an emag.

Third if you have build custom mag, please post photos, we would love to see them as most of us are AGD hoarders.
pk5 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 11:23 AM   #30 (permalink)
The Teacher

Quote:
Originally Posted by pk5 View Post
Ok...first of all, where can you get a statistic that said 75% of mag are not setup right?

Second, if anyone can walk an inteli even with the ULT installed, please post a video. Does the ULT make it a lighter trigger sure, but can you walk it like walking an electro i.e. say an ego, then no, the pneumag setup allow you to achieve that level of lightness without converting it to a fully pneumatic setup or an emag.

Third if you have build custom mag, please post photos, we would love to see them as most of us are AGD hoarders.
Exactly.

Saint - I would love to see your work. I always enjoy looking at other mags
amossbur is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » Air Gun Designs