mcarterbrown.com  

Old 01-20-2010, 06:44 PM   #1 (permalink)
Rabid Otter Paintballer!

Emag Q's

I was curious about the emags. The way I see normal all mech mags, they run better (and faster) off higher pressure.

Is this true with emags? Or can I hook up a 850 psi tank and let rip with a emag? I mean, they have the same valve as normal mags but there electronic so...????
And yes. I do want to be able to let rip a string of shots, to discourage cheating at the local reball field. (Theres way to much of it going on. )

Can someone explain the software's too? Like what versions there are, and the differences?

I'm trying to figure out what this "hybrid" mode is? A mix of mech and electro, with RT'ing???

New one. Charging. How long do you charge one, how many shots do you get from a full charge? If your charging a half dead battery, is there like a green / red bulb to tell you when its done or something? What happens if you can only afford to go paintballing once or twice a month, and your battery sits for a week or two?

Ummm. In general, explain the basics of the emag to a complete noob....

And last. If I was to say, find a PTP Micro E-mag, could I keep the lowers yet throw a ULE Body on it?

Thanks! ~Otter

Last edited by Otter; 01-20-2010 at 06:47 PM.
Otter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 06:48 PM   #2 (permalink)
Pif
12g4L

Kilt Fan
The valve on an emag is much different than a classic mag. If it is an e-mag valve, it's essentially an x-valve but made out of steel. I do believe they run at full pressure, as the valve is the regulator.

Can't help you with hybrid or software, I haven't had an emag yet.

I don't think you can swap the lowers from that one due to rail length, but I'll let someone else chime in.

Just consider this a free bump :P

Quote:
Originally Posted by Usagi Tetsu
Velcor is within all of us, you need not go looking for him. He sayeth, "wherever two or more of you are gathered, there shall I be." He is my solid bunker for me to hide behind from the incoming fire of mine enemies, He is the functioning regulator which keepeth my shots consistent, and He is my keen eye guiding my fire towards my hidden enemies. Yea, whosoever shall believeth in Him shall be guided by His right hand towards the flag, and whosoever denieth Him shall reside for all eternity in the Deadbox of Life.
Pif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 06:55 PM   #3 (permalink)
pk5
Stardust Memory

CCM Fan
AKA Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
RTP Fan
I was curious about the emags. The way I see normal all mech mags, they run better (and faster) off higher pressure.

Is this true with emags? Or can I hook up a 850 psi tank and let rip with a emag? I mean, they have the same valve as normal mags but there electronic so...????
And yes. I do want to be able to let rip a string of shots, to discourage cheating at the local reball field. (Theres way to much of it going on. )

Yes you can, get xmod 1.8 if you can, it allow some adjustment on the solenoid and other such as dwell...stuff that is not available on stock AGD.

Can someone explain the software's too? Like what versions there are, and the differences?

Most emag come with AGD 3.1 or 4.1, basically they are stock software build for a semi world.
Comparison is here:

I'm trying to figure out what this "hybrid" mode is? A mix of mech and electro, with RT'ing???

Hybrid = you can have the full pull of a mech pull, but the solenoid tend to activate much sooner due to the HES (it's a magnet mounted near the trigger). Basically it give you a trigger full that is lighter than a mech trigger pull.

New one. Charging. How long do you charge one, how many shots do you get from a full charge? If your charging a half dead battery, is there like a green / red bulb to tell you when its done or something? What happens if you can only afford to go paintballing once or twice a month, and your battery sits for a week or two?

Depend on how old your battery is, new one will hold charge, old one will discharge. A new one can hold charge for at least a month. Yes there is a light indicator depend on what kind of charger you get.

Ummm. In general, explain the basics of the emag to a complete noob....

And last. If I was to say, find a PTP Micro E-mag, could I keep the lowers yet throw a ULE Body on it?

Yes you can, but why get a ULE? Put the new PTP 2009 on it :-P
pk5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 07:13 PM   #4 (permalink)
Rabid Otter Paintballer!

Ah. So if I run a emag at 850 psi it'll still rip. Great help on the softwares.

And I was thinking about a PTP '09, but thats just the body / feedneck / detent and I think rail (?). I would have to find and buy a emag lower for it, then a valve, bottom line, and barrel. Which wouldn't be bad, but I liked the milled lowers on a PTP Emag, which I wouldn't get on a new PTP Emag. Right?
Old 01-20-2010, 07:15 PM   #5 (permalink)
pk5
Stardust Memory

CCM Fan
AKA Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
RTP Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by otterpaintballer View Post
Ah. So if I run a emag at 850 psi it'll still rip. Great help on the softwares.

And I was thinking about a PTP '09, but thats just the body / feedneck / detent and I think rail (?). I would have to find and buy a emag lower for it, then a valve, bottom line, and barrel. Which wouldn't be bad, but I liked the milled lowers on a PTP Emag, which I wouldn't get on a new PTP Emag. Right?

No Rail

The PTP 09 is a unibody design like an xmag.

Or you can by a ptp emag, sell the body (they are essentially micromag body with a lip extension), and use the proceed toward the PTP body.

What milled lower? You mean the battery pack? You can pick that up from tracy, personally I hate that milling, it is just too simplistic for me. I rather have the tuna pack or the CNC pack.
Old 01-20-2010, 07:28 PM   #6 (permalink)
Rabid Otter Paintballer!

Not just the battery pack, the grip frame. The hump and the grooves. But damn. Now I'm thinking.
Old 01-20-2010, 07:31 PM   #7 (permalink)
pk5
Stardust Memory

CCM Fan
AKA Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
RTP Fan
The hump are in all the standard lower unless they got the ule treatment. I don't think the lower is that noticeable at all...
Old 01-20-2010, 07:39 PM   #8 (permalink)
Rabid Otter Paintballer!

Hmmm. This is sounding... expensively cool.

But I could take a standard lower, have it ULE milled, and get the hump bigger?

And do emags have a special sear, or something standard?

Last edited by Otter; 01-20-2010 at 07:48 PM.
Old 01-20-2010, 09:44 PM   #9 (permalink)
Miembro de MCB

CCM Fan
AKA Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by otterpaintballer

Quote:
Originally Posted by pk5 View Post
No Rail

The PTP 09 is a unibody design like an xmag.

Or you can by a ptp emag, sell the body (they are essentially micromag body with a lip extension), and use the proceed toward the PTP body.
I just so happen to have one of these, the 2K9 Micro-E version even, for sale.

Link
alkafluence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 09:59 PM   #10 (permalink)
Rabid Otter Paintballer!

I noticed. I just impulse bought a GX4, so I'm screwed temporarily.

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » Air Gun Designs