mcarterbrown.com  

Old 01-21-2010, 07:59 AM   #1 (permalink)
Back sorta I guess

CCM Fan
A few unintelligent inquiries about mags

So I have been interested recently in self-contained rifles(no external hopper or air tank), and I was thinking of getting a custom mag-rifle. So here's what I was kinda wondering about(I'm new to mags):
1. Which mags can use 12 grams?
2. Do they need a reg or anything for 12 grams?
3. Are any of these 12 gram ready guns cocker threaded?
Ideally, what I had in mind, was to have a mag in a stock with a dropout in the back of the stock, and have the mag milled to except longbow magazines.

If you are what you eat, then isn't cannibalism the way to go?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mar View Post
barrels are like women - everyone likes them for their subtle differences and personal preferences. ALthough at this price, they cost substantially less than women.

(caution: barrels are not like women, do NOT insert your p3nis into a barrel)
ComradeBenedict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 08:22 AM   #2 (permalink)
MCB Member

1. Anything with a Classic/A.I.R. valve on it. If it says RT anywhere on the valve or has an X, or says E-Mag or E-Max, it won't take CO2.

2. Nope. Although you won't get many shots out of a 12gram on one.

3. Depends on the body. If it's a centerfeed with a lowrise feedneck (or midrise), chances are it's Cocker threaded - those are called ULE bodies. If it has a powerfeed on it, or a really tall centerfeed, then the body uses twistlock barrels and you would need to find yourself a twistlock to Cocker adapter. Luckily those have been made before by Doc Nickel, Noxx55/Metadyne, and Python Paintball (the Python one also takes inserts like all other Python kits, so it acts like a shortened version of a Freak that is also a barrel adapter)

Classic Mag, Grey Ghost #308, SC Brassterling, Super Stocker, VM-68
05 Cyborg, 06 Cyborg, PM8 LE Canary, Hybrid NXT, E-Tac

(MCB) Feedback
Z3R0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 10:49 AM   #3 (permalink)
Post Whore

Not that I condone hacking out up, but micromag bodies are cocker threaded, has an integrated rail, and you can switch the feed direction using different adapters. Also comes stock with a classic AIR valve.

http://www.usc.uwo.ca/clubs/paintball/index.html

I'll add my Feedback here, because I always forget to ask.
My super awesome feedback of... awesomeness!
Ivan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 04:28 PM   #4 (permalink)
Back sorta I guess

CCM Fan
Okay, thanks. A barrel kit like the python would be ideal because my set-up would probably have to be a tight fit on the stock. Also, can the classic valves take Level ten internals?

Quote:
barrels are like women - everyone likes them for their subtle differences and personal preferences. ALthough at this price, they cost substantially less than women.

Old 01-21-2010, 06:53 PM   #5 (permalink)
Stock Class Aficionado

CCM Fan
"Classic" is the valve, "Level-10" is the bolt. Besides swapping out some powertube pieces, you don't really mess with internals. The stock bolt is a Level-7, but you can upgrade to a Level-10 on all valves except for Rentals. Hope that helps.
Old 01-21-2010, 07:06 PM   #6 (permalink)
Post Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by killedcookie View Post
So I have been interested recently in self-contained rifles(no external hopper or air tank), and I was thinking of getting a custom mag-rifle. So here's what I was kinda wondering about(I'm new to mags):
1. Which mags can use 12 grams?
2. Do they need a reg or anything for 12 grams?
3. Are any of these 12 gram ready guns cocker threaded?
Ideally, what I had in mind, was to have a mag in a stock with a dropout in the back of the stock, and have the mag milled to except longbow magazines.
First, you don't want the level 10 in a mag rifle because they are less air efficient and really only help when shooting a lot of paint and shooting fast, which you won't be doing with your limited paint rifle.

Next, what you are looking for does exist and can be made, and it is one of my current projects. I don't like to talk about it because as soon as you talk about a decent project, somebody tries to create it by doing the fastest hack job possible. So if you do this, please do a nice job:

Sydarm mag rifle.

http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html
Phantom Mikey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 07:32 PM   #7 (permalink)
Back sorta I guess

CCM Fan
Well, this is a hypothetical design, as in I was bored and was thinking of what would be a cool paintball gun. About it already existing, my idea is a bit different than others, in that it would involve a custom double 12 gram changer(2 12ies at a time), and it would be modified to accept longbow magazines(feeding from beneath the barrel, if possible). Since is hypothetical, I will only be able to follow through with it if and when sufficient funds present themselves. It is nice to know I won't have to worry about getting a level ten, though.

Quote:

Old 01-21-2010, 07:44 PM   #8 (permalink)
pk5
Stardust Memory

CCM Fan
AKA Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
RTP Fan
Yes you can use a long bow, but it have to feed from the side or more like a warp position? I.e. you have to mount the longbow on the bottom, and use some warp tube to attach it to a warp body.

As for the 12 grams, I wouldn't recommend it at all. Get a stock, bore it out to fit a 3 oz co2 and connect that to the valve.

My sydarm can only get between 15 to 18 shots out of a 12 gram, so even with 2 x 12 gram you don't get that many shot without the hassle.

If you bore out the stock like some of the KP on here, it would be easier.
pk5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 08:02 PM   #9 (permalink)
Back sorta I guess

CCM Fan
A 3 oz. also sounds nice, but will it be possible to get it powdercoated? The biggest reason I loathe tanks and hoppers(as I've already said a million times) is because they just look so damn fugly, with labels and cheap plastic-looking colors. For the longbow, think tube-fed shotgun. That's what I had in mind.

Quote:

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » Air Gun Designs