mcarterbrown.com  

Old 02-19-2007, 02:10 AM   #31 (permalink)

Well, im guessing pump kits would sell.....
Gas thru grips?....
How about a double barrel...32bps! J/K
Any current mag owner may be interested in cosmetic parts...
I mostly agree with the sentiment of making enrty level type markers like the "ion" for example. Altho this is not what I may be interested in, I would assume the majority of todays marker buyers are younger people sold on speedball, and with limited cash. At least an entry level marker could get them started in the joys of mag ownership, and lead to a large market for aftermarket parts? Like the "ion"?...Bah I am not comfortable suggesting such a quality company lower their standards, like the "ion"
I see the mags overall design as a big part of why im interested in them, Blow forward, non stacked tube, interchangeable bodies...I also like the "feel" of the marker, solid and substansial. Not to mention the valve star system, nice to know that the manufacturer will stand by their product.
Perhaps innovation is in order?..... AGD seems to be a company known for that? Or has it all been done?...
LONGBALL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2007, 12:42 AM   #32 (permalink)
Happy and homeless

Send a message via Skype™ to sparky

Maybe the problem is that a Mag lasts too long? It easily outlives its owners, if the average amount of time someone play's paintball is 18 months (1.5 years) and mag is designed to last 20+ years.

Would you bother to buy a new vehicle if you know the one you've got now is going to last nearly forever? I wouldn't, cause I'm cheap and would rather have gas money than car payments. Mag's could be looked at the same way. Great markers, but they don't meet our consumer goods based society. We like to get more, argubaly (sp?) nicer things.

Or may it's the price point. Many players I know went from a cheap Walmart/Canadian Tire marker (sub $100 range) to something high priced ($800+). All mags fall between these prices (execpt the Emag/Xmag).

Mags need to promote themselves more to stores and fields. I've never ever seen a mag being sold in a store. And every store and field owner I've met has some sort of stigma aganist them (shorter range, inefficent, not good in the cold, heavy), which are not true. AGD needs to promote themselves positvely once again, not just relying on word of mouth.
Vagabond living on the side of the road in East Asia.
sparky is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » Air Gun Designs