mcarterbrown.com  

Old 03-23-2010, 11:45 PM   #21 (permalink)
Formerly known as DMex

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMex View Post
One thing that can cause this is your top on/off oring missing or a bad reg seat oring.
Both orings installed?
Ando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 09:25 AM   #22 (permalink)
Smurfs, Gotta Love Them

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by DMex View Post
Both orings installed?
Seems like manuals are my friends (well assuming the RT valve is similar enough to an Xvalve). I just looked at the exploded diagram and didn't realize the on/off was 2 parts DOH That certainly explains the question regards 2 orings. Kept looking at it last night going. "Where the hell would another 0-ring be?" I'll pull the on/off AGAIN and look at the 2 inner o-rings.

Proud member of The Peacekeepers & UMSG JTF7
KoolKat's Feedback
KoolKat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 09:42 AM   #23 (permalink)
Sly Fox Cyndicate

Send a message via AIM to criticalhammer

Fan of EMR
I have this issue with my ULE mag every time I let it sit unused for a long period of time.

I found that the marker goes full auto because of a dirty regulator, more specific a dirty regulator seat holder.

What you want to do is break the valve/regulator down into there respective parts. Take the regulator off the valve and look at the seat holder (#32) and the surrounding area for any small bits of debris (and I mean small). Clean that area and make sure there are no metal shavings/dirt on the regulator seat or surrounding area where the seat would touch the valve or regulator. Oil the orings up, put it back together and try it again. If that doesn't work then you at least know its not a regulator issue.
A world is supported by four things: the learning of the wise, the justice of the great, the prayers of the righteous, and the valor of the brave. But all of these are as nothing without a ruler who knows the art of ruling. Discourses on Galactic Leadership

"Today a young man on acid realized that all matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration, that we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively, there is no such thing as death, life is only a dream, and we are the imagination of ourselves." - Bill Hicks

R.I.P Bill Hicks
criticalhammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 10:10 AM   #24 (permalink)
Smurfs, Gotta Love Them

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
Excellent. I haven't pulled the regulator of the back of the valve yet. Any tips on how to? I was worried about torquing on it too much so i just left it alone.

My next issue is going to be trying to find a Canadian supplier of O-ring kits.

KoolKat's Feedback
Old 03-24-2010, 10:39 AM   #25 (permalink)
Sly Fox Cyndicate

Fan of EMR
Take the valve off the gun and twist the velocity adjuster #29 counter clockwise until it comes off. Then the two half's literally twist off. To prevent rusting/corrosion AGD put a metric butt ton of grease on the regulator spring so watch out not to get grease everywhere.

I don't think you can torque it to much. The velocity adjuster just stops. Honestly ive never tried. If you have the velocity adjuster to far in air starts leaking out of the pressure release hole on the side of the valve.

PS: Just a thought. You don't have to completely remove the velocity adjuster cap to take the reg off the valve. You just need to loosen it enough so that the reg springs are not pushing on #30.
A world is supported by four things: the learning of the wise, the justice of the great, the prayers of the righteous, and the valor of the brave. But all of these are as nothing without a ruler who knows the art of ruling. Discourses on Galactic Leadership

"Today a young man on acid realized that all matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration, that we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively, there is no such thing as death, life is only a dream, and we are the imagination of ourselves." - Bill Hicks

R.I.P Bill Hicks

Last edited by criticalhammer; 03-24-2010 at 10:43 AM.
Old 03-24-2010, 10:47 AM   #26 (permalink)
Smurfs, Gotta Love Them

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
Ahhh ok! I have had the velocity adjuster all the way off thinking there may have been something internal that kept the regulator onto the valve. I'll go through the motions again tonight but not stop where i did before

Thanks again everyone!

KoolKat's Feedback
Old 03-24-2010, 01:34 PM   #27 (permalink)
Sly Fox Cyndicate

Fan of EMR
Quote:
Originally Posted by KoolKat View Post
Ahhh ok! I have had the velocity adjuster all the way off thinking there may have been something internal that kept the regulator onto the valve. I'll go through the motions again tonight but not stop where i did before

Thanks again everyone!
When you screw the valve and regulator back together make sure the dashes located on the valve and reg are flush with each other.

Also, when you take this stuff apart no tools are necessary. DO NOT USE TOOLS!!! This is a hands only operation and if you gouge/mark up the inside of the valve, game over.

R.I.P Bill Hicks

Last edited by criticalhammer; 03-24-2010 at 01:47 PM.
Old 03-24-2010, 01:42 PM   #28 (permalink)
Smurfs, Gotta Love Them

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
What if they aren't? currently they are about a line widths apart.

KoolKat's Feedback
Old 03-24-2010, 01:51 PM   #29 (permalink)
Sly Fox Cyndicate

Fan of EMR
EDIT: Flush wasn't a good word to use. What I meant to say was lined up. Make sure that when you screw the two halves back together snug, that the two lines are lined up with each other. Again do not bring metal near the insides of this thing.

R.I.P Bill Hicks

Last edited by criticalhammer; 03-24-2010 at 01:56 PM.
Old 03-25-2010, 09:10 AM   #30 (permalink)
Smurfs, Gotta Love Them

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
I did do what you recommended critical and checked the reg seat. Looked good and when i aired it up i was giddy for a second. I pulled the trigger and no full auto. Sure the bolt did return but it didn't go full auto so i thought i made some progress. Turned up the velocity to fix the bolt return and back to going full auto.

Pulled it all a part again last night. I could not for the life of me get the on/off apart. Because it's brass i was pretty hesitant on using too much force but after a few minutes of frustration i just started cranking on it and still nothing. If the internal o-rings are bad then I think I may just bite the bullet and get a whole new assembly with an o-ring kit.

KoolKat's Feedback

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » Air Gun Designs