mcarterbrown.com  

Old 02-24-2007, 03:01 PM   #1 (permalink)
Cobra Paintball Fanatic

Palmers Fan
Rescued butt ugly mag

Here are some pics of a mag that i rescued. Just came in the mail today.
I picked it up for 50.00
I have no clue why it was painted red. It worked when I aired it up but it definately needed some good oiling and I had to run my swab down the barrel about a dozen times because it looks like it had a ball break that was never cleaned.

I will probably be wheeling the red paint off the body and the benchmark frame
probably look into getting an annodizing job done.
The butt ugly looking drop with the on/off will probably show up on the BST threads.
I'll also look at making a trip over to my local "Ye olde gun shoppe" and see if they have any more snakeskin wrapped 45 grip pannels that would go well with this. Might want to wait untill after the annodizing to choose the pannels, or I might just choose some western diamondback and hope the annodizing can live up to matching such pretty grips.
ScrapIron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2007, 03:13 PM   #2 (permalink)

What kind of anno are you thinking?

That drop retails for $60 from PPS, if you decide to put it up for sale.
CrunchyMilk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2007, 03:14 PM   #3 (permalink)
Post Whore

Fan of EMR
If the paint job weren't chipping it's actually a really nice looking paintjob.
Quote:
Originally Posted by HP_Lovecraft View Post
I'm no hippie, but I do lack any sense of style.
Murph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2007, 03:18 PM   #4 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to doicomehereoften Send a message via MSN to doicomehereoften

Yeah, NW's are sturdy drops and on/offs. They're a little bit on the incompatible side, because of the screws going DOWN into the on/off, but they are rock solid. I've got two on/offs, a quick-switch, and one of those big drops (good for knocking somebody over the head with), and really have nothing but good to say about them. On a related note, do you know why the previous owner put Teflon tape on the on/off knob?
I'm really not good at writing signatures. I mean, what is it that you're really trying to do? Write something that somebody's actually going to remember, or even read? Yeah right! Nobody ever actually reads these things.
doicomehereoften is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2007, 03:25 PM   #5 (permalink)
Post Whore

Fan of EMR
There's no seal between the on/off knob and the pin valve, just the threads the on off knob rides in, so if there's no teflon tape, it'll leak.
Quote:
Old 02-24-2007, 03:48 PM   #6 (permalink)
Cobra Paintball Fanatic

Palmers Fan
aye, it is as Murph said, the teflon needs to be on the threads or it will leak.

as for the anno I'm looking for, I'll have to post a pic of the grips that I'd like it to match. think scales.
here is a pic of the black snake scale 45 grips that I put on my USP

As for getting rid of the drop, I just don't have much need for it since I run remote.
Old 02-25-2007, 01:11 AM   #7 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to doicomehereoften Send a message via MSN to doicomehereoften

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murph View Post
There's no seal between the on/off knob and the pin valve, just the threads the on off knob rides in, so if there's no teflon tape, it'll leak.
Hmm, I guess I got the special ones that don't leak, then. Seriously, I've got no teflon tape on mine, and I have had no leaks in 4+ years with one of them, and 1+ years with the other.
I'm really not good at writing signatures. I mean, what is it that you're really trying to do? Write something that somebody's actually going to remember, or even read? Yeah right! Nobody ever actually reads these things.
doicomehereoften is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2007, 09:51 AM   #8 (permalink)
Post Whore

Fan of EMR
Well, that's the explanation I usually get when I see people with a ton of teflon tape on 'em.
Quote:
Old 02-25-2007, 11:01 AM   #9 (permalink)
Cobra Paintball Fanatic

Palmers Fan
well, this one apparently doesn't work. There seems to be something missing between the on off knob and the pin that opens a tanks valve.

I put the drop and the on-off up on the BST asking 25.00 or trade
Old 02-27-2007, 03:04 PM   #10 (permalink)
Cobra Paintball Fanatic

Palmers Fan
Changed my mind on the anno, instead I'll get the body and benchmark frame nickel plated, but in order to do that it looks like I'll need to add some solder to the power feed after I get the paint stripped off. I think I'll also be adding a vertical adapter with a yet to be determined reg, then having the barrel engraved with the image of a rattler wrapping around it, toss on some snake skin 45 grip pannels in "western diamondback" and I think I'll call it good. Will try to have pics up by the end of march.

I'll be taking it out to a local field this weekend to see how it shoots, then I'll get it home and begin stripping the paint.

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » Air Gun Designs