mcarterbrown.com  

Old 04-20-2010, 11:49 PM   #11 (permalink)
Yes, that is a joke ---->

CCM Fan
AKA Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
Do you have the stock battery charger? If so, are you charging the battery for 12 hours? You can't go by the light. The green/red just show the rate of charge/current flow to the battery. I've unnecessarily replaced a battery before I figured this out.
ta2maki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 10:48 PM   #12 (permalink)
Formerly known as DMex

Do you have a set of digital calipers? If not get a pair. I'll give you a run down on what you need to do. As already stated, you need to get it running reliably in Mech mode before we even get into E-Mode.
Ando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2010, 05:55 AM   #13 (permalink)
Post Whore

well, if the gun is staying aired up, he is firing once, turning off the electronics, turning them on again and firing again w/o degassing the gun it sounds like an electronics issue.

If loud pipes save lives imagine what bright pink helmets could do.

my feedback http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html
K_Obeastly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2010, 07:01 AM   #14 (permalink)
BEO-Mafia

CCM Fan
Any updates?
Is it working in mech mode? (electronics turned off) I re-read the description after K_Obeastly's suggestion and it got me thinking...

Make sure you have no problems in mech mode 1st (not to be confused with 'hybrid', which is mech w/ electronics on)
If all that is working well, double check the board frame screw is properly grounding the board. Should be snug, don't overtighten, and there should be some raw aluminum exposed in the threads for a good ground.

Also, try backing the trigger magnet out a bit. It could be too close to the HES and causing some funkyness (it won't fire a 2nd shot if it's still registering the 1st trigger pull)
Twilight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2010, 02:36 AM   #15 (permalink)
MCB Member

I have got it going in mechanical mode, but not consistently. The plunger in the solenoid tends to stay in the "down" position.

This is my set up:
1) With the barrel pointed to the left, the grip panel is taken off which exposes the electronics and solenoid.
2) Xmag is in mechanical mode.
3) Pull trigger = Shot is fired
Until...
4) Pull trigger = No shot due to plunger in solenoid not being pushed all the way down
5) Use finger to push plunger the remaining distance, a very very small distance = Shot is fired
6) Repeat from step 3

No luck in electronic mode.
Still fires one shot, then nothing.
Screen gets scrambled.
Trigger pull does not activate solenoid.

I did order a new battery from KC over on Automags.Org
Automags.Org Online Forums - 1000mah E-mag X-mag Battery Packs.

I just received it today and I am charging it over night.

WTB List:

Any New Old Stock(NOS) sealed/brand new in box items.
Rare limited run items.

Ninja Dave Lever Changer
ACI Turret Stock
AGD Z-Grip
AGA 62
sonixr7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2010, 02:47 AM   #16 (permalink)
Ninja

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonixr7 View Post
I have got it going in mechanical mode, but not consistently. The plunger in the solenoid tends to stay in the "down" position.

This is my set up:
1) With the barrel pointed to the left, the grip panel is taken off which exposes the electronics and solenoid.
2) Xmag is in mechanical mode.
3) Pull trigger = Shot is fired
Until...
4) Pull trigger = No shot due to plunger in solenoid not being pushed all the way down
5) Use finger to push plunger the remaining distance, a very very small distance = Shot is fired
6) Repeat from step 3

No luck in electronic mode.
Still fires one shot, then nothing.
Screen gets scrambled.
Trigger pull does not activate solenoid.

I did order a new battery from KC over on Automags.Org
Automags.Org Online Forums - 1000mah E-mag X-mag Battery Packs.

I just received it today and I am charging it over night.
If the marker won't fire in mech mode it won't work in e-mode. Just go ahead and take the battery pack off of the marker.

Did you read my first post? If you didn't, you can find it on page one. I have a feeling your solution is there if you would just take advantage of the advice that has been given. You need to verify that the plunger rod isn't bent and that the length of your plunger is within tolerance. (Nominally 3.005 in from the tip of the plunger to the end of the clevis.) If you keep trying to fire the marker without fixing this problem you run the risk of damaging your sear or your solenoid. DON'T RISK THAT! This thing isn't just going to start magically working with a new battery if the plunger doesn't go all the way down in mech mode.

If you don't have a set of calipers already, harbor freight has a coupon for a 6" digital set for $9.99. They aren't fancy and the battery life isn't great, but mine were calibrated well out of the box.

Last edited by ArmyEngineer; 04-25-2010 at 03:21 AM.
ArmyEngineer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2010, 08:44 PM   #17 (permalink)
MCB Member

Good news everyone, I have gotten my XMag to work in both mechanical mode and electronic mode.

Seems like I just needed a new battery. I had charged the new 1000mah battery overnight for 12 hours. Then I gased up the marker and turned it on electronic mode. I fired once, then twice, then again and again. The LED screen display was not scrambled like it was before.

I turned off the electronics and put it into mechanical mode, but I still get inconsistent shots.

However, I am glad that my XMag now works in electronic mode. Changing the battery solved the problem.

Thanks again everyone for your help.

WTB List:

Any New Old Stock(NOS) sealed/brand new in box items.
Rare limited run items.

Ninja Dave Lever Changer
ACI Turret Stock
AGD Z-Grip
AGA 62
sonixr7 is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » Air Gun Designs