mcarterbrown.com

Old 04-19-2010, 01:56 PM   #1 (permalink)
MCB Member

XMag firing only one shot after turing on

Hello everyone, I am having some trouble with my XMag. I am using AGD 3.2 software and X-Valve. With a fully charged battery, I turn on my XMag on E-mode, pull the trigger and it fires. The next trigger pull yields nothing, it does not fire. I can turn it off and then back on to repeat the same results.

I have noticed that after the first shot is fired, scrolling the menu shows scrambled red dots. It does not show the options clearly at all.

Just some more info, I had sent my XMag in to Tunamart about a year ago and got the software upgraded to AGD 3.2. My X-Valve also got rebuilt.

Thanks for the help in advance.

WTB List:

Any New Old Stock(NOS) sealed/brand new in box items.
Rare limited run items.

Ninja Dave Lever Changer
ACI Turret Stock
AGD Z-Grip
AGA 62
sonixr7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 02:09 PM   #2 (permalink)
Shoots First

If you're good enough, one shot is plenty.

Does the Xmag have the same option as the Emag to use it mechanically? If so, try it out and see if it does the same thing, if it's a mechanical issue I might be able to help, if it's electrical I will be of absolutely no help... the only thing I know how to do on my electros is change the batteries.

redthirst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 02:24 PM   #3 (permalink)
MCB Member

It will not fire in mechanical mode. Would that cause it to malfunction in E-mode?

WTB List:

Rare limited run items.

Ninja Dave Lever Changer
ACI Turret Stock
AGD Z-Grip
AGA 62
Old 04-19-2010, 03:15 PM   #4 (permalink)
BEO-Mafia

CCM Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonixr7 View Post
It will not fire in mechanical mode. Would that cause it to malfunction in E-mode?
Yes, since all modes still involve tripping the sear. Get it working in mech mode first and then start looking at E mode.
Not a lot of info here, but one shot and then nothing sounds a bit like bolt stick to me. Add some oil and dry fire it through first before testing carriers/replacing o-rings.

If you just want to test E-mode in the meantime, you can always engage the rear safety. The sear won't be able to pivot and you will be able to see/hear the noid clicking to pull it.

As for the screen scrambling... not too sure. Make sure your battery terminals are making contact w/ the battery and that the board screw is properly secured. I had mine come loose and I had all sorts of wierdness occurring until I tightened it down.
Twilight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 03:53 PM   #5 (permalink)
MCB Member

All that^^^

and for the screen, keep in mind that it's still just a rechargeable battery, and it can do all the fine tricks that cell phone or RC batteries can do; such as showing a full charge until under load, charging all night but still be dead, working just enough to turn on but not enough to pull in a solenoid, etc.

After you get it rolling in mech mode, check your connections, check that there isn't any "stuff" like paint inside the grips (not on an x-mag right?), then check the voltage on the battery.
Old 04-19-2010, 04:00 PM   #6 (permalink)
MCB Member

I just took the grips off and manually pushed the plunger down into the solenoid, it fired. It fired every time I did that. When I pull the trigger the plunger does not seem to go all the way down into the solenoid, I have to push it down just a little and then it will fire.

The battery could be a problem as I am not the original owner.

WTB List:

Rare limited run items.

Ninja Dave Lever Changer
ACI Turret Stock
AGD Z-Grip
AGA 62
Old 04-20-2010, 12:05 AM   #7 (permalink)
Ninja

Twilight is right. Don't even bother with the electronics at this point. Leave them off entirely.

The marker doesn't leak or anything? It just won't fire more than once? What is your input pressure? (You need 800 psi.) Can you push the bolt back after that first shot, or does it reset properly?

I would probably start by confirming that the sear is in spec. If you slide the valve and bolt out of the body and tilt the solenoid's axis 45 degrees from horizontal, the plunger should slide down. Tilt the marker back to vertical, and the plunger should have slid all the way back in. The E clip should touch the top of the solenoid. If you have to tilt further than that, or if the plunger doesn't slide all the way back in, you need to make some adjustments to your plunger rod. The threaded section is either bent from improper disassembly, or the loctite on the threaded rod has come undone and the length is off.

The battery might be shot, but don't worry about the electronics right now. First things first. If the gun doesn't work in mech, it won't work in e-mode, but the reverse is not necessarily true.
ArmyEngineer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 12:24 AM   #8 (permalink)
MCB Member

Quote:
I turn on my XMag on E-mode, pull the trigger and it fires. The next trigger pull yields nothing, it does not fire. I can turn it off and then back on to repeat the same results.
forgive me if I am way off base here, but the way it is worded makes me think your are just listening for the solenoid click w/o airing up the gun. It will only click once with out air to reset the solenoid.

Are you airing the gun up before doing this?
You say you can turn it off then back on and repeat? Are you shutting the air off as well or just the electronics?

If loud pipes save lives imagine what bright pink helmets could do.

my feedback http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html
K_Obeastly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 02:11 AM   #9 (permalink)
MCB Member

The Xmag is aired up the entire time while performing these various checks. I turn the electronics on and off while aired up.

For more information, I am using a Nitroduck I-Reg which is outputting 800psi.

I have never worked on an Automag before.

WTB List:

Rare limited run items.

Ninja Dave Lever Changer
ACI Turret Stock
AGD Z-Grip
AGA 62
Old 04-20-2010, 04:32 AM   #10 (permalink)

good luck
mostpeople is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » Air Gun Designs