mcarterbrown.com

mcarterbrown.com (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/)
-   Air Gun Designs (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/air-gun-designs/)
-   -   help...... (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/air-gun-designs/117246-help.html)

randall ace 04-24-2010 09:22 PM

help......

assembling a 68 automag,A.I.R. valve .....and leakin like a mother ....i got a parts kit and replaced most of the orings, and replace the powe tube spring with the smallest spacer in the pack, and its still leakin down the barrel, and was testing it with co2- and had ice shooting out between the valve and the body on top ....cant figure it out ....watched the tom kaye videos, and i was wanting the check the air chamber, but this valve dosent have that retention clip to take air chamber apart, how is that done , isnt there an oring in the air chamber too?

Ando 04-24-2010 10:13 PM

First of all your getting Co2 into your valve which is what's causing your leaks. Open your valve back up and see which orings you just destroyed. Frozen Orings make mags sad.

And for your last question, are you talking about removing your power tube from the rest of the valve? If so here ya go.
Opening your Classic Valve Power Tube - BigEvil Online

randall ace 04-24-2010 10:38 PM

i usually run hpa, but was out so i figured it wouldnt hurt to test with co2 that i ran thru a remote hose, guess i was wrong ....and yea i was talking about removing the power tube from the valve.... isnt there an oring inside there that needs replaced? is that threaded on ? if so , how does one grab it to turn it ?

Ando 04-25-2010 12:26 AM

Did you have the bottle upside down? I don't see how you got Co2 inside the valve with a remote.

randall ace 04-25-2010 12:29 AM

no .... the 20 oz tank was stiing upright attached to a remote hose .........id really like 2 get this mag up n running before disassembling it to ship it off to get powdercoated...

Ando 04-25-2010 12:57 AM

Don't shoot it so fast. Give the Co2 time turn into a gas. Open up the reg and start looking for damaged orings from the freeze you gave it.

jacobd 04-25-2010 01:24 AM

Lol dude you're confusing lvl 7 with lvl 10, on a lvl 10 you want to start *large* and go *down* untill it stops leaking, on a lvl 7 you want to start *small* and work your way *up* until it stops leaking, and actually I never realized that untill now.
I see no reason you'd need to take your power tube off unless you know it's loose and leaking, and no worries if you got liquid c02 in the valve they're made to not be damaged by that, but they won't work right with it either.
the C-clip held in power tubes are only on very old lvl 5 valves and those are pretty rare nowadays because most of them were upgraded by AGD to work better on c02.

randall ace 04-25-2010 04:56 PM

ok...went back thru it , step by step, new orings, again .....aired her up with my hpa tank and what do ya know ...still leakin down the barrel ..... the on/off seems to be fixed now, but barrel still hissin....... 8(

Timber_Ghost 04-25-2010 05:00 PM

Did your marker work before you dissassembled it? Does your sear look worn at all? Is it making a farting noise or gushing air down the barrel?

Dusty Bottoms 04-25-2010 07:33 PM

Does the leak stop when you pull the trigger, or continue?

Is it a constant leak down the barrel or a 'sprinkler' sounding leak, like 'sput..sput..sput..'?